s2 e4

i laughed to myself as my eyes stayed glued to the television. i was currently awake at 3:20, watching home alone. my favorite Christmas movie to say the least. then to add to it, Christmas was about 5 weeks away.

"oh my god," i laughed once more but immediately stopped when i heard something fall. "the fuck? who is that?!"

"it's me, relax," i heard Allen's voice which calmed me down instantly. "what are you doing up? couldn't sleep?"

"no," i say simply. "what about you? you can't sleep either huh?"

"no," he shakes his head. "what are you watching?"

"home alone," i chuckle. "but i have a question to ask," i immediately pause the tv and pull my full attention towards him.

"shoot."

"shoot you? you want me to shoot you?" i joke.

"i-"

i laugh loudly, "im kidding Allen im kidding. but seriously uh, what school do you go to?"

"i don't go to one," what?!

i eye him carefully as i raise my brow, "and why not?"

"aunt Rachel never put me into one, since mom died, she's gotten a lot worse and she's only chose to fall back into that hole," he shrugs. "it got so bad that school wasn't an option."

i nod, "ill get you into one by Monday, that's unacceptable but understandable."

"but don't you have classes?"

"missing a few days won't kill," i shrug. "plus i could use the time off, school is kicking my ass."

to be fair, i could use some time away from school. it was kicking my ass and i was wore out by it all.

the rough patch of it all was that i wasn't over that kiss i walked in on. it sucked, my heart sunk so far.

maybe i did like Alyssa a lot more than i was letting on-fuck. i mean it wasn't my business but it .. hurt.

no, that isn't why im awake, i just really cannot sleep. i kept tossing and turning to the point i just got up.

"is there something on your mind?" i heard suddenly. "you-you look worried."

"i-" i paused, trying to gathered any sense of thought i had. "uh no, not at all."

"you sure?" he questions. his face held such confusion, why was he worried about me? hell, i couldn't just tell him i was thinking about Alyssa, dads ex, my fucking teacher.

"yes," i nod.

before he could open his mouth to say something, the doorbell rung. i swear something inside of me began to burn. tell me this wasn't Alyssa-i mean it had to be, who else?

but why was she here at 4:30? it was almost five-sighs.

"ill grab it," i say quickly.

i sighed to myself as my thoughts began to run wild, if this was her, what could she want? why the hell was she even here? gosh, so many questions.

"why are you here Alyssa?" i say in a whisper as i push myself outside, shutting the door behind me. "it's 4:30 in the morning."

"why are you even awake?"

funny.

"very funny Alyssa," i fold my arms. "it's four in the morning, why are you here right now?"

she questions, "i-can i not be here?"

"yeah sure," i shrug. "are you asking to come inside? i mean everyone except Allen and i are asleep."

"why aren't you asleep?"