s2 e9

"Alex, you wouldn't be here right now if you hadn't slept through the lessons," Alyssa announced. "as much as you'd like to go home, i do as well but this, this is important."

i sigh, pulling my attention up as our eyes meet, "im exhausted, Alyssa."

"and i understand that Alex," her voice was soft. fuck. "i understand you're exhausted and tired, but just a few more minutes and you can go."

"promise?"

she held her pinky out, "you're a kid but i pinky promise."

i pinky promised her, her touch felt amazing and it honestly lit that fire inside of me. i wasn't quite over the other day, the whole car situation but to get it off my chest felt amazing.

i had no reason to be "mean" towards her and so what she was kissing someone else, it hurt yes but that's her business.

"i didn't miss that much did i?"

"yes and no," she shrugs slightly. "it's just a few notes we went over, just to know that you all have it down."

"section two?"

"yes," she says with a surprised facial expression.

i scrunched my brows as i watched her, "why are you staring at me like that, Alyssa?"

"because it seems as though you were paying attention and you do not need the small lessons."

"i mean if i get to see you, theses lessons are blessings," i swallowed the knot inside of my throat immediately after speaking. fuck, no taking that back. "i mean-uh-never mind. section two right?"

she nods, "yes."

shit that was awkward.

i kept checking the clock to see how long i had to go, 15 minutes every time. was time fucking with me?

it had to have been, it had too. the tick of the clock was getting louder and louder. why the fuck did you tell her that, Alex? geez, shut your mouth sometimes.

i sighed to myself as i pulled myself from my thoughts and tried effortlessly to focus. i didn't know how much time i had now, maybe 15 minutes still.

i felt like time was swallowing me while, gosh hurry up.

"fuck," i mumbled softly under my breath. "it's like im reading the same thing over and over again."

"focus maybe?" i heard suddenly which caused me to jump. "shit im sorry, i didn't mean to scare you."

"you're fine Alyssa, just warn me next time before giving me a heart attack?"

she chuckles, "i didn't mean too but yes ma'am," she slides a chair next to me and sits down in it. "do you need any help?"

fuck, her high were cute.

"uh," i flipped through the book like a madman, trying to find the exact page it was on. "i just keep rereading it, it's not that i don't understand because i do but my brain-"

she eyed me, "isn't allowing you to focus on the topic at hand?"

i nod, "yes."

"i understand, that's me almost every morning before class starts. you all give me headaches but i learn to manage. try and focus on that task at hand and not everything around you, the clock for example."

how did she-?

i lifted my brow, "how'd you know?"

"im not stupid, Alex."

"of course not, you're beautiful, bright, amazing. you have an astonishing brain of yours and you put it to the fullest use. you don't let a silly college girl like me step into your life and get in your way," i smile. "you're amazing Alyssa, you're so amazing to be around, even if im a dick. i really enjoy you."