"yes," he nods.

i smile, feeling my body heat up, "im proud of you, you know? thank you for everything you've done for all of us, and i do mean all. me, Ava, mom, and most importantly, yourself. thank you for staying strong in moments you wanted to do nothing but give up and give in..thank you for always having a cheerful spirit on days you wants to be slump and grumpy. thank you for keeping a happy soul on days you had a aching one.." i pause, holding my head down low. "thank you for your love, especially towards mom when she needed it the most. thank you."

he steps closer, embracing me quickly as he held me tightly, "you're welcome, baby, you're always welcome."

"i love you so much," tucking my bottom lip, i bit it gently desperately trying to hold back the tears. "i don't know if i tell you this enough but really..i do."

"and i love you, sweetheart, i do," he spoke softly, placing a kiss upon my forehead. "i won't keep you long, go on and take care of Ava, i have to run somewhere."

i nod, eyeing him suspiciously, "okay but where exactly?"

he stops, holding his chin, "i was gonna go visit your mom again."

tilting my head, i folded my arms, "don't lie to me, Lorenzo."

"Matt.." he says simply.

obviously he didn't enjoy me calling him that either..hm.

"that's your name though," i sigh, shaking my head. "but could you just be safe..? please."

he nods, "ill come back home to you, sweetie."

i nod, sighing softly as i slowly made my way up the stairs. going off into my bedroom, i found Ava sitting on the edge of the bed, wrapped up in a towel.

"i apologize for the long wait, i was talking to my father and the police," i say, flipping down gently next to her. "you okay?"

"yes," she eyes me, cocking her brow. "and you don't need to apologize, i completely understand."

"ive missed you so much, you don't even understand," throwing my arms around her, i embraced her gently.

"and ive missed you, lovely," she says with a smile, embracing me tightly. "how's everything been?"

i sigh, "to be honest, not good but we can touch up on that topic later, today is about you, forget me right now."

"Ale-"

"no," i hold a finger up, shaking my head. "today will be about you and about you only."

"fine," was all she could say.

"thank you, thank you. now, how would you like to spend this lovely afternoon?"

"well, i would've loved to have been caught up on everything that's been happening but a movie night seems promising."

"hmm, okay."

•••

early morning, Ava and i were walking off into our daily classes. i know you're probably asking yourself why'd Ava show after all of the bullshit but honestly, that's Ava for you. nothing stopped her..yeah.

classes weren't that packed no way, today seems slower than usual. the slower the better, i say.

maybe that was just me, maybe.

"sooo.." Ava began with, eyeing me suspiciously. "how are things going?"

"im sorry..?" i lift my brow, a confused expression across my face. "what are you referring to, Ava?"