*whispers* its free therapy

Two months.

It was early morning on a Saturday, dead silence awakening the sleeping boy.

Every day, Harley had waited for Peter to come back. To tell him he was alright. To do something to prove he was alive and that he cared.

He was still waiting.

Harley was out of the hospital by now, a nasty scar etched into his face. Not that everything under his shirt wasn't worse, but he didn't really care to hide it. Made him look suave or something. Real cool. Got all the ladies staring.

When he'd first been told what had happened to Peter, he couldn't grasp it.

Why Peter?

What had he done?

Harley used to think himself unlucky with his parent's divorce and all the shit that went down there. He'd had his crazy nights, coping by locking himself in his garage in a furious frenzy to keep himself busy.

He'd not touched a tool once since he found out.

Tony Stark had taken the liberty of housing the victims of the explosion in his personal med bay, all to keep the secrecy that Stephen was healing their burns from everyone from their families. Pretty much all that it was for was to let the kids have a stress free recovery, getting to hang out and heal in the coolest place on the planet.

It was a good idea, but it made it harder for Harley every time he left the room when he wasn't supposed to so he could hang out in Peter's.

All too many times he'd been caught by Tony, or some other person in the tower going in there for the same reason.

They never talked when it happened. They never needed to.

Harley was the only one who ever went through Peter's stuff. Nobody else felt they had the right to.

Harley didn't care about that.

He wasn't sure how to feel about it at all.

Peter's story was tragic, yes. Harley would end up in a fit of tears if he thought about it too long, but why would he leave?

He assumed guilt.

It made sense.

He noticed how Tony would zone out, rubbing a scar at the base of his neck that seemed new. He watched how Dr Strange seemed hesitant to ever speak on the matter, especially to Tony. He listened to the fun little story's about Peter.

Everyone acted like he'd died or something.

And who knows? Maybe he did! Maybe Harley stayed up late waiting for that super long 'I'm sorry' text Peter would send every damn night for nothing! Perhaps Peter had gone off and starved or some bullshit that Harley couldn't focus on long enough before he had to hide away.

But he did it anyways.

He still tried spotting Peter in the background of random videos. He examined every face he passed on the street. He sent hopeful texts, knowing Peter's phone was entirely shattered.

So what?

Ned and MJ were just as stressed.

Correction, they were pissed.

Something about some rules they'd set a long time ago, a promise. Peter was their main conversation topic.

Harley couldn't stand it. Not the way they spoke about him. He couldn't handle their anger.

He knew Peter had fucked up royally, but the word did the same to him. It just wasn't fair to blame him.

There were public theories on what had happened to the school.