All the other kids with the pumped up kicks

Alright. Alright. No need to panic.

Peter had called Tony, scared shitless, and ten minutes later a bomb had gone off.

No big deal, right?

Tony wished he could see it that way.

Friday already had like six alerts going on, four being bomb-related, and two centering on the fact that Tony was shaking like a wet chihuahua inside of the suit, unable to wipe his face because of the metal separating it.

Okay so maybe not in the best position to go on a press tour! That's cool. He could handle himself just fine.

Again.

He'd been oblivious to Peter's struggles again.

It was great that Peter had trusted Tony enough to even call, as he seemed to lock up on things like that, but it was a whole ass bomb that went off.

A bomb!

Tony was probably the most shit father out there. He couldn't recall any times that Howard let him get his ass beat to near-death, kidnapped, and so scared of talking to people that he'd literally sit in a fireplace in silence rather than ask for help. Maybe a water if his throat got dry but it was a miracle Peter was alive at all.

Tony had let this happen. It was on him.

He probably had every chance to stop this, too.

If he'd had Friday keep an eye on Peter like he discussed with Stephen, only enough to like.. well, monitor everything. Emotions at the least. Just SOMETHING that would've warned Tony if this.

News reporters were already at the scene, so Tony was way too late for anything. He lowered himself to the ground, hoping to get some answers.

He remained in the suit as he approached the nearest caster. They were still setting up a more professional camera, but one of them held a small hand camera in case they missed anything.

From a news standpoint, it was a great idea. They could've totally missed Tony Stark showing up to a bomb scene.

"Do they have any clue what happened?" He asked immediately, masking his voice in such a professional manor, no one would ever be able to tell that there were some shit-father tears forming.

"Tony Stark!" One of them shouted, pointing to him.

He sighed as everyone in the vicinity pointed what cameras they had operating up to him. He made sure to look as exasperated as he could when they ignored the high school fucking bomb, but he didn't say much about it.

"Yes, let's ignore the school of children on fire. What the hell happened here?" He tried again, having Friday look for reports that'd pop up in case the reporters here were incompetent.

He felt a twinge of pain when he looked at the evacuated students. EMS was already on the scene, and by the looks of it, not everyone was so lucky to get out.

He wished with everything he had that Peter was in the crowd of bustling students. Perhaps it was a completely separate occasion? As if Tony ever got that lucky. Still, he hoped.

Tony listened to the excited yet sorrowful ramblings of some of the young adults describing every ounce of detail they had.

It wasn't much, but by the sound of it, it was a targeted attack. Not because of who got hit, but because the bomb had been a toss-and-run one.

The problem?

It had been thrown from the inside.

After scraping what little information left from the swarm, he flew up a little higher and took a deep breath.