Mmm health stuffp

"So, how bad is it?" Tony bit into an uncrustable he'd just pulled out of the freezer.

Peter looked up in confusion, his own mouth occupied on his own delectable delight.

"Your injuries. After we get you fueled up, we're gonna call my dear sweet hubby in to take a look at you, I gotta know how much to ask him to bring" Tony shrugged nonchalantly, mouth still full.

"Uh.." Peter looked down. He wasn't used to just.. talking about it. "I'm not.. I'm not sure exactly. I don't think it's ever gotten this bad" he looked up at Tony again, who faltered a bit hearing that.

He'd only seen a fraction of it so far, and Peter not even knowing really concerned him.

Tony was trying to hide what his thoughts were on the topic.. was he mad? Mad at Peter for not telling him, lying to him?

Peter stared at Tony for a hot second, trying to gauge how worried he should be.

Somehow, there wasn't even a spike of anxiety at the thought of Tony actually doing anything to him.

Not because he'd become numb to the fast-paced turn around of emotions and attitudes of the people around him, sending him into a never ending state of fear, but because he trusted Tony.

He trusted him so much, that the singular thought of Tony lashing out against Peter seemed like a joke, or something ThatVeganTeacher would say about meat-eaters. It just couldn't happen.

Tony clearly felt something about the situation, but even if it was anger, Peter wasn't scared.

He still felt safe.

"Let's take a look, then. Probably wasn't a good idea to just sleep so long without getting you help". Tony swiveled his chair to face Peter, reaching towards him.

Peter was proud to say he didn't flinch, especially not when Tony helped him remove his sweater.

Tony had to look away before they could continue, just by the brutality of it.

Who could do this? To a kid?

Tony closed his eyes and took a breath as he turned back around. Peter just sat patiently, looking down at the no-longer fresh bandages he'd just received that morning. Or yesterday morning? He had been asleep for a while.

"Did she.." Tony couldn't tear his eyes away. He almost wanted to believe that somehow, this was just a cause of some freak accident on the job.

Peter nodded softly, closing his eyes.

Tony put his arm on the back of Peter's head, dragging it down into his shoulder for a hug.

"Next time you even get a paper cut, I want to be the first to know, you hear me?" Tony's voice cracked through the sentence.

Peter didn't bother trying to console Tony this time. He was too tired, and he realized this wasn't something to brush off anymore.

"We're gonna help you Peter. I promise. I'm gonna help you" he whispered.

Peter just nodded, enjoying the feeling of the half embrace. He didn't really feel like talking anymore, or thinking of the subject for that matter.

after a moment of silence, Tony took his hand off of Peter and sat up. Peter straightened as well, and they both nodded at the other.

"Let's get this shit show started" Peter announced, a poor attempt at humor.

They set to work just counting how many there were, and making a list of what they thought was in need of more attention than other parts. Little pink healing scars were still present from shattered glass and swollen bruises, but other than that it wasn't looking too good.