fifty-fOive

"Are you having a nightmare?" Jisung mumbled and laid his hand on Minho's cheek, the pads of his fingers gently touching him. He hoped to calm him down like this, but his attempt was fruitless. Whatever Minho was dreaming about couldn't be anything good—he let out a low groan, clenching his jaw. 

"Wake up, Minho!" He said in a louder tone, leaning over him in worry. Yet again Minho didn't react. The nightmare seemed to cause him distress since he became even more restless. He grimaced and even looked scared.

Jisung had never seen him display this emotion before, so his concern only grew. He didn't know what to do. He grabbed Minho's shoulders, tried to get him to wake up, but Minho didn't react to his touch. 

Feeling helpless, Jisung kneeled next to him on the mattress and shook him, calling out to him. "Wake up, you have to wake up! Calm down please!" He shouted in frustration. "Minho!"

The shaking didn't seem to help, but his loud voice on the other hand reached Minho; he stopped moving around and stilled. Jisung bowed lower and cupped his cheek with his hands. Minho was so cold; it was frightening.

"Wake up," he repeated once more and looked at Minho when his eyelids fluttered. A low groan left his throat. He scrunched his brows and then he opened his eyes so suddenly that Jisung flinched back and tumbled over the nightstand behind him.

His eyes moved searchingly through the room, his breaths quickening in panic until he spotted Jisung next to him. Jisung was astonished at how fast Minho moved when he sat up and hugged him, nearly crushing him with the inhuman force he used.

Minho hugged him so tightly that he struggled to breathe for a moment. And as soon as his brain caught up with his actions, he loosened his grip on Jisung and hid his face at his neck, letting out shuddering breaths.

He didn't say a word—and he didn't need to, since Jisung could easily tell that he was far from alright. His hand soon came to rest on the back of Minho's head and it moved over his dark hair soothingly.

"It's okay, Minho. Calm down," he whispered, and Minho responded to his words by hugging his waist and clutching on his t-shirt with his hands. Jisung wished he knew what was wrong with Minho since his unusual behavior seriously worried him.

Never before had he seen him act like this. He radiated crushing sorrow, and his erratic breaths told Jisung that he hadn't recovered from his nightmare yet. When wet drops of water touched his neck, he was shocked and faltered.

"Minho, are you crying?" He whispered.

"No," he replied hoarsely. "Demons never cry."

"I see," he said quietly and Minho held onto him for dear life; like he'd expect him to vanish into thin air if he let go. Whatever he just went through, it must have shaken him up so much that his shell cracked. This wasn't the loudmouthed and conceited demon that Jisung knew.

"I missed you, Minho," he said softly, hearing him sigh in response, but he didn't speak. "I was lonely without you, and I'm sure that you must have felt the same way."

"It was strange to be home alone all the time, to eat dinner without having company, to wake up and not have anyone yelling at me, to sit and watch tv all alone." He spoke and spoke, trying to fill the silence with his voice.

"You're important to me and that's why I'm really glad to see you today. But can I please... ask you for a favor?" He whispered, seeing Minho's head shift a little in curiosity.

"Please... please don't push me away anymore. Please  let me stay by your side, even just for a while," he pleaded, but earned no response.

Minho had closed his eyes as he listened to the soft sound of Jisung's voice. Despite having been unconscious for so long, he appeared exhausted, shadows laying under his eyes.

"Are you falling asleep again, hm?" He sighed, his hand moving from the back of Minho's head to brush his hair with his fingers. He'd never stop marveling at the wispiness of Minho's hair and its pure black color. It just couldn't be more perfect in his eyes.

To be continued...

OMFG I JUST REALIZED THAT WE ARE LITERALLY ON CHAPTER 60 NOW. OH HELL NAH, I GOTTA END THIS BEFORE THIS REACHES A HUNDRED CHAPTERS LMAO.