CH 111 A Day To Be Remembered

Start from the beginning

After calming down, we sat down on the couches with me next to Claire and her Father across from us. "Forgive me if my memory doesn't serve the best, but your name was Troyard Bladeheart, right?" I spoke respectfully, not trying to make his impression of me any worse than it actually had.

"Yes, it is. I'm Troyard Bladeheart, Claire's father, and likely to be your father-in-law if things are going as well as she says." He sighed, the surrealness of the situation plastered on both our faces before we both chuckled about it.

"They grow up so fast..." He sighed, looking downcast.

"Yeah... you got that right, Mr. Bladeheart," I replied, looking at Zeph, still a white blizzard.

"Just call me Father. It's going to happen sooner or later. Also, pardon me for asking, but you're talking about your bond, correct?" he asked curiously.

Me and Zephyr's gaze panned over to Claire deadpanning at her. "You haven't told him anything, have you?"

"D-don't tell me... Sweetie d-d-did you two already have my grandkids!?" He stammered out before locking his gaze onto me while reaching for the broadsword on the wall.

"DAD NO!! We Haven't Had Kids!- at least not yet..." Claire's voice trailed off as I felt my soul leave my body. I quickly placed my hand on her lower stomach and used my emitter powers.

"Ha... Haha... Twins." my voice trailed off as my vision blurred and my skull pounded against my brain.

Zephyr Pov

I saw dad's body collapse off the couch an instant after he used his emitter magic on Claire. The hope, fear, worry, the weight of responsibility and the acceptance of that weight all flooded over to me as Dad fainted.

"Holy shit..." I muttered, changing to my human form, making Claire's already speechless father faint the same as my dad.

Mom and I both looked down at the two unconscious men sprawled out on the studies hardwood floor, then we both looked at each other with shocked expression and ssilence, not. Not a word was spoken but ,we both knew what this meant for them.

"I was talking about the future... I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS PREGNANT!" She raised her voice in a shaky shocked tone as she laid down on the couch, her hands gently placed on her stomach where Dad's hand was only moments before.

I sat next to mom and held her gently as she just sat there in silence, not knowing what to do. Hell, none of us knew what to do. I am not even sure when this happened because of Dad's mental barriers he puts up when they are alone.

I started yelling into Dad's mind through our bond as loud as I possibly could, 'DAD WAKE THE FUCK UP!!' as I smacked his head with my heel, Dad immediately shot awake, his face was pale as he threw himself around mom.

"I'm going to be honest I'm still shocked about this. We're going to have a kid... Twins at that." Alexander's expression softened to the levels more cheerful than their dates before everything went wrong.

"Y-Yeah." Claire stammered out, the disbelief in her voice matching the surrealness of the situation.

"Oh my god, it wasn't a dream." We all turned our heads to see Claire's dad leaning on his desk as he just got up.

Alexander got up, walking towards Troyard, determination exuded from every pore of his body. "Father, let me do this formally. Troyard Bladeheart, will you please give me your blessing to marry your daughter, Claire?" The sincerity in his voice was awe-inspiring and without an iota of hesitation.

Troyard's face softened, but his eyes remained sharp. "Can you protect her?" He asked despite knowing his position as a Paladin With the only blessing from Boreas in Existence.