He's pretending to stand by a newspaper booth but his eyes are curiously on me and I roll my eyes and walk over to him.

"Look, if you help me get around New York, I'll tell you whatever you want to know, deal?" I pull at his color and his eyes widen.

"Deal." He smiles and I let go of him.

"Alright, I'm looking for a guy named Sawyer." I tell him and he raises his eyebrows.

"That's going to be easy." He sarcastically says. "That's a lot to go off of." He continues.

"All I know is he's here. I just don't know where." I tell him.

"Looks like I'm never getting answers." He sighs out and he pulls me to follow him. "We need a phone book." He says, and he takes another bite of his apple.

"Oh, you're never going to find him in a phone book." I tell him. He slowly turns to me and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Then, how the hell do you expect me," he pats his chest aggressively, "to find him?" He says, a few pieces of apple fly from his mouth.

"He's rich." I tell him. He squints his eyes and he a lightbulb goes off in his head.

"My sister Olivia would love him. But we wander around a rich neighborhood and see if anything looks familiar." He says and I nod.

It takes us a while to get there so we opt for the underground train.

"Have you ever been to New York?" He questions and I shake my head no. "It's pretty stuffy down here, are you going to take off that scarf so I can see your face?" He asks and I shake my head again and tighten the scarf around my face. "Alright." He says and I stare at my shoes.

"How far is it?" I ask and he looks at his watch.

"Should be there in ten." He says and I nod. "What year are you from?" He asks.

"I'm from the past." I tell him and he nods, liking the answer.

"How do you travel?" He asks. I don't want him to rob the watch from me so I lie.

"A portal." I vaguely say and he nods again.

"How do you get this portal if you want to leave?" He asks and I think of the movie Dr. Strange, and pray he doesn't put two and two together.

"A ring." I tell him.

"Can I see this ring?" He asks and I slowly put my hand up and show him the gold ring I randomly chose to wear.

"That tiny thing transports any thing?" He asks and I nod. The train finally stops and we get off.

"Have you traveled back in time to see dinosaurs or the pyramids being made or how the earth was created?" He asks.

"No. That's dangerous." I tell him and we walk around for a bit and nothing looks familiar. Granted everything here looks expensive.

"My father always said time traveling is dangerous, especially if we're too curious." He says and that's when I see a mop of curly hair. Sawyers hair. He's in a long black coat and I watch as he puts on a beanie.

Carter and I are both standing on a sidewalk and Sawyer is about to walk pass us.

"Do you think, maybe I could..." Carter starts asking another question and I quickly shush him. I pull him closer to the wall and closer to me and we hide in the shadows.

I can feel Sawyer looking at us but he doesn't say anything.

"Good day." Carter says to him and Sawyer politely nods his way and I can feel him trying to get a better look at me so I bend down to tie my shoe, hiding my face completely from him. When Sawyer is out of ear shot, Carter comes down to my level.