Epilogue

Yujin sat on the bench in front of the piano within the music room, leaning her back against it with a piece of paper clasped between her fingers as she intently went through the chords and lyrics.

"You think I can nail this?" She looked up, glancing at Yena who was sitting a distance away from her, busy plucking the guitar she randomly picked up out of boredom.

Yena looked up. "Duh. You better nail it because I wrote it." she chuckled softly, playing the melody of the song Yujin's going through.

"Can't believe I missed this out last year, it sounds...great." Yujin complimented Yena's songwriting skills despite being in the Psychology Department.

"I know what words hit deep." the duck winked playfully before settling the guitar down.

Yena walked towards Yujin and sat next to her. "You know, she sang this when she saw you in the crowd." the younger girl looked at her.

"Literally, they were supposed to play a song previously discussed but the moment you caught her attention, she went solo." Yena chuckled and picked up the bottle from the floor. "She was insane for that of course." she sipped on the water.

"But I slept through the whole thing and have literally no recollection of the performance other than trying to drug Wonyoung." Yujin blurted out before laughing softly, glancing at the lyrics delicately written by Yena.

"Yeah, we dragged you back into your room without you knowing." The older girl shook her head and capped the bottle. "You're the first person I know who tried doing that to Wonyoung—did I even mention how she said you tried scaring her away? A black belt bean pole??" Yena looked at Yujin who pressed her lips together.

"Why did she tell you that..." the girl mumbled, turning around and sticking the paper against the piano.

Yena did the same. "Don't blame you for that because you would've been fucked." she scoffed. "Literally."

Yujin shook her head and remembered. "Do you—"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. She got Chaeyeon unnie pregnant because they fucked without protection and they're keeping the baby." Yena lazily waved her hands as if it was a hassle to talk about while the girl nodded slowly.

"And the wedding's next year, supposedly after the kid is born," she added, finger pressing a white key.

"But you had no idea how happy she was when she saw you," Yena spoke, smiling as she looked at Yujin who hummed. "Who?"

"Minju," she answered. "Way happier compared to her finding out I was gonna be alive and torment her for the rest of her life." she giggled, unintentionally making Yujin let out a placid smile.

"Did you see her?" Minju half screamed, vigorously shaking Yena and Hyewon who was present after her performance on stage. "See who?" Hyewon asked, a little tired because it was getting late.

Minju brushed her hair backwards, smiling like never before. "Yujin! Ahn Yujin!" she exclaimed happily while her friends blankly look at her.

"What are you talking—"

She turned them around and pointed at a tall girl leaning against another tall girl. "Right there," she said, glancing at Hyewon and Yena who narrowed their eyes.

"That's Wonyoung."

Minju inhaled. "The other girl." She said while they opened their mouths in realisation, nodding their heads. "Wow, Wonyoung really kept to her word of letting you see her here," Hyewon uttered and put her hands into her pockets.