Chapter 42

2 days later...

Yujin was the first to wake up, heading downstairs to whip up a quick breakfast for the both of them—dumpling soup with pickled radish on the side.

She sat down on their small dining table that was connected to the kitchen counter, placing her phone next to her.

The younger girl gently patted Jinju who flew up and sat comfortably on the table.

She picked up her spoon. "What's taking her so long?" She looked upstairs and heard the door opening.

Yujin got a little impatient, also hungry—she's always starving in the morning as if she wasn't fed for the last three days.

She blew on her soup before drinking it, letting out a tiny smile of delight.

Minju came walking down. "Yah, you didn't wait for me?" Yujin looked up to see her frowning slightly while sitting down opposite her.

"Where are you going?" She asked when she saw Minju wearing a plain black shirt tucked into skinny jeans. She makes every casual outfit look flattering and the younger girl can't lie.

"I have to meet the coach later."

Yujin nodded understandingly as the older girl began eating the hearty meal prepared by Yujin.

"Sports hall?" She asked, earning a nod from her.

Minju glanced at her and swallowed her food. "I have something to tell you." She said, making Yujin choke a little, somehow giving her certain flashbacks where that sentence was used.

"W-What?" She wiped the edge of her mouth, looking at Minju.

"The coach made me the captain of the team," she spoke in the bluntest way possible before shoving the dumpling into her mouth, making Yujin wonder why she wasn't too excited when she personally was.

"That's a good thing! Why are you saying it as if you hate it?" Yujin chuckled lightly. "You've always told me you wanted to try being one."

She heard Minju sigh through her nose with cheeks filled.

She swallowed and looked at the younger girl. "Yeah, I do but..."

"But what?" Yujin asked when the girl was hesitating to spill it out.

"But the vice captain is Yeji..." she slowly answered, feeling a little stressed because of the whole incident that happened a few days ago.

She looked at Yujin who had a dimpled smile on her face, followed by a nod from her.

"You're not...mad?"

The younger girl shook her head. "Why would I be mad? There's nothing to be mad about. At least you're the captain." She smiled and drank her soup.

Minju narrowed her eyes, examining Yujin's facial expression intently which made the girl look at her. "Why? Do you want me to be mad?"

The older girl puckered her lips and let out a small sigh.

"Even if I do get mad, I can't and I shouldn't. It's not something I can control anyways. You have your own life to take care of and I have mine. There's still something called boundaries, you know? I can't simply keep telling you to do this and that because of how I feel."

Yujin continued eating her dumpling, making Minju feel more at ease.

"Plus, I have nothing to worry about." She said. "At the end of the day, I'm the one you're sleeping with anyway."

Minju clasped her lips together and shook her head in disbelief.

"Why are you giving me that look? By sleeping, I mean your clingy ass suffocating me to sleep. Tsk. You and your little brain." Yujin shook her head which made the older girl give her a blank look.