Chapter 41

3 hours later...

"I'll need to meet you two about captaincy on Monday. By then, I want to see you guys working with each other." the coach said in a serious tone while Minju sighed, adjusting her bag before nodding reluctantly.

"And by working, I mean being friends," she added, slightly pointing at the two as Yeji nodded.

"You guys can go now. Please check on your teammates from time to time. I heard they're back in their rooms already." the lady looked up from her phone while they nodded for the nth time.

"Okay, bye." the coach waved, getting back in her car, leaving the two girls outside the dormitories.

"You heard that—yah." Yeji pressed her lips together when she saw Minju already walking away from her.

"Why is she like this..." She mumbled, sighing heftily and left for her own room.

Minju continued walking without turning her head back once, not caring if Yeji comes after her or not.

She plans to give Yujin a little surprise since she doesn't know that the older girl is coming back yet.

She swiftly entered the lift and went up to their room level. Minju happily hummed, walking down the corridors with her left hand in her pocket, right hand holding onto her stick.

Her heart rate started to increase out of excitement when she was a few metres away from their room.

"Should I get her to come out?" she mumbled, knowing that Yujin should be at home because it's a Saturday. Even if it isn't, it's the holidays.

She rang the doorbell.

Beep beep

"Yah...who's disturbi—" Yujin rubbed her eyes halfway, realising who it was.

She rubbed her eyes again to confirm that she wasn't hallucinating before looking closely to see Minju smiling at her cutely.

"Aye~ I must still be napping. She doesn't come back until a week later. Plus, why would she ring the doorbell...what's wrong with me?" she shook her head and closed the door slowly.

Minju's jaw dropped.

Yujin blinked a few times before widening her eyes.

She immediately yanked the door open to see Minju frowning at her.

"YAH!—"

She threw her arms around the older girl, hugging her extremely tightly which made Minju hold her breath for a few seconds.

"I can't breathe..." She mumbled into her shoulder while patting Yujin to make her release her.

The younger girl looked at her, cupping her head, shifting it from left to right, examining her whole face.

"Why are you here? You didn't tell me anything. Are you a robot? Am I dreaming? But how do they make a robot look so real." she started blasting Minju with questions.

The older girl laughed while pushing her in, closing the door behind her. "You miss me that much?" Minju asked

She looked Yujin whose eyes were a little puffy. "Yah, did you cry?" she tucked the girl's hair behind her ear, making Yujin frown.

"No...I just ate tteokbokki...late at night." she gave an excuse.

Minju narrowed her eyes. "And yes, I miss you a lot. You have no idea how much. I don't know how to describe it. Felt like I was d-dying." She hugged the older girl again, feeling the tears well up in her eyes while Minju stuffed her face into Yujin's shoulder, a familiar scent greeting her nose which made her smile.