Chapter 40

As the days go by, Yujin found herself unable to sleep for quite a few nights, always going to bed alone, waking up to an empty spot beside her. She has never felt more miserable than this in her entire life.

It's currently 8:30 pm and she decided to go to bed early, not having much of an appetite, only eating whatever her sister brought over for her earlier. She has no motivation to do anything other than go for her training and practice the piano in the music room.

She climbed up onto the single bunk bed that was included in their room, right above the closet where she usually goes to whenever she feels down.

The tight space makes her feel less empty.

Yujin pulled the blanket over herself and laid on her arm, turning to the right, darting her eyes to see Jinju quietly climbing up the stairs and sitting beside her.

She let out a deep sigh and reached her hand out, giving the kitten a few light pats before pressing her lips together.

"Why do two weeks feel so long?"

The cat just stared at her. She didn't know why she was even anticipating a reply.

She took the soft toy Minju gave her and laid on her back, lifting it above her. "When are you coming back?" Yujin uttered and settled the fox on top of her stomach, fiddling with its ears.

"You said it'll go by quickly." she slightly frowned and flicked the soft toy's forehead.

She tilted her head to the right. "Jinju-ah, you don't miss her?" The cat twisted its own body, somehow laying comfortably.

She narrowed her eyes. "Tsk. All you know is sleep." She found herself starring at the low ceiling, feeling the silence engulf her.

"I miss you..."

The corner of her lips automatically curved downwards as she let out a sharp sigh, laying on her left side, seeing how the table lamp was still on but didn't bother to go turn it off.

She took her phone, recalling how Minju recorded something in it the other day. She only ever gets to text or call Minju for a minute before the coach keeps their phones.

Pretty unfair.

Yujin pushed herself to sit up and tapped on the gallery.

She slowly scrolled, finding herself getting distracted with past photos of Minju covering her face, gradually being more comfortable with taking photos.

"Still don't get why she doesn't like taking photos..." she went back to the video, tapped on it and held it up in front of her.

"Sit down. You said you wanted me to say something." Minju was seen looking over the lounge chair before turning to face the camera, "Aigoo." flinching backwards when she saw her reflection.

Yujin let out a slight chuckle as she slightly bent her knees, resting her arms on them and watching the video, hearing subtle waves crashing in the background.

"What should I say? Should I sing for you?"

Minju looked downwards into the camera while giggling softly, finding the closeness funny. "Hmm..."

Yujin admired the girl. "Cute."

"I'll tell you something..." the older girl leaned closer to the camera and covered her mouth from the side. "...a secret." she eyes smiled and leaned back against the back of the chair.

"Remember...when I chased you out of my room?" She asked with a small smile playing through her lips.

"Honestly, I did that because I was about to cry." the older girl chuckled while Yujin hugged her knees and rested her cheek on top of them.