Chapter 36

A few months later...

The new year has passed and a new year has come. Holidays are over, winter is slowly dying down to welcome the start of a new season—Spring.

Everyone has been very well so far. The younger girls have passed their common tests with flying colours while the older girls have been doing ever so well with their studies.

It has also been 100 days since Yujin and Minju got together...coincidentally, it's Minju's birthday today.

Of course, the younger one has planned something for her. Not too big, but just nice.

"Unnie, she likes this, right?" Yujin asked Hyewon who was staring at the cakes in the fridge display, visibly drooling with a hand holding onto Chaewon's.

"Yah, I asked you to help me, not stare at them." the younger smacked Hyewon's shoulder while the girl stood up properly.

"She likes chocolate. Literally, anything with chocolate in it."

Yujin slowly nodded. "But don't get too big. She doesn't like wasting food," she added.

Chaewon looked at her. "But you're here."

Hyewon blinked. "Right. I'll finish it anyway." she giggled, making Chaewon and Yujin shake their heads.

"I'll get a small one so you'll not be able to eat any." she retorted against Hyewon who glared at her.

Yujin then turned to face the cashier. "I'll have this." she pointed at a small and simple chocolate cake decorated with little candy hearts while the person nodded.

Soon, she came back with the cake in the box. "Do you want us to write anything? You can write it by yourself too,"

Yujin who puckered her lips and looked at the other two.

"You should write something." Chaewon gestured at the cake while the girl nodded.

"Follow me."

Yujin tailed the cashier to the side where you can decorate your own cakes.

"Just tell me when you're done."

The girl who nodded happily while Hyewon and Chaewon sat down beside her.

"What are you going to write?" Hyewon slightly peeked while the younger blocked the cake with her shoulder.

"You'll see."

The group of friends gathered right outside the music room where Minju would be coming for practice as usual.

"I thought you have training today," Nako asked Yujin who was settling the cake on top of the table outside the room.

"I skipped it." She took off her bag and placed it on the bench.

She only attends the music club practice sessions when they practice for the orientation performance.

"How are you going to do this though?" Wonyoung asked Yujin

She raised a finger. "Hide."

They gave her faces of disbelief. "Seriously? Hide? Here?" Wonyoung folded her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"What? We can't just stay out here, it'll not be a surprise anymore."

"Hide where though?" Yena asked.

The younger girl pointed into the music room. "There's a small room behind," she said before turning to look at them.

A second later, people were seen coming their way.