Mikey x Best Friend! reader (Valentine's Special)

Oi- this is based off of some fantasy I have inside my head for a guy mixed with what I want to do with someone else since I know I love him more than anything. Might actually be giving him a present exactly like that for today, so imagine how I'm feeling 😅 Happy Valentine's day, foodies~

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

I sigh as I get Mikey's gift ready for Valentine's day, the one holiday for lovers or for people to show how much they love their family/friends. Honestly, I could be the only one who sees the second one as an option when it comes to giving gifts. Though this year I only want to get the one person I care about most a present... and I'm a bit broke this year. All I have this year is a tiny little teddy bear and a little note I wrote with a cute little heart sticker on it. The sight made my chest feel empty as I think of some of the possibilities that could happen when he gets this.

Then realization set in as I remember that he doesn't see me that way, I already proclaimed my feelings to him for him to semi-reject me. He just sees me as a sibling apparently, so I sigh as I tape the paper onto the little bear's hands. With all of that done I start to make my way down to the lair, everyone is already down here. Tonight was already going to be movie night, the fact that it's Valentine's day doesn't change a thing. Though it might change what the movie was gonna be, usually it'd be some action buster comedy.

Tonight it looks like it's going to be some type of rom com as I look around the room, decorating the room is paper hearts and everything. I softly sigh as I look down at my little gift, but that's when I hear him "hey, dudette!" He says happily. Looking up I see him with his big smile, so I muster up a smile as I say "hey, Mikestar. I hope you like this..." his smile drops as he looks at my gift, then he accepts it before side smiling a bit nervously. "(Y/n), you already know-" "that you don't like me... I know, I just thought I'd still give you that anyway."

With that I walk towards the couch and sit down as everyone is still just getting everything ready for the movie, Raph chuckles as he sits by me. "Hey, (Y/n) - ready for movie night?" He asks as Mona sat next to him, so I look down and just hum in agreement. He didn't ask me anything else as everyone else got here, April with Casey, Leo with Karai and just Casey and Mikey. Mikey was sitting by me as we all look at the screen, letting the previews play before the movie starts. Looks like we're starting off with an Adam Sandler movie... always a win when it comes to movies.

-a few movies later-

Mikey said he was going to go get some soda as he walks towards the kitchen, honestly I didn't know I was a bit tense until he left. "You good, chica?" Casey whisper asks me as the movie plays, so I shake my head and roll my eyes. I elbow him mumbling "quit it with the nickname, Jones" he didn't press any further as he chuckles. With that we all continued to watch the movie in peace and quiet, Mikey was taking his time in the kitchen. 'It shouldn't take him that long to grab some pop, he knows what's his favorite and his back up in case there isn't any.'

With that I get up and walk towards the kitchen without saying anything to see that Mikey was actually reading the letter I wrote. My eyes widen as I felt a bit of fear eating me up, I never was here as he read something I gave him. I nervously laugh and just look down saying "sorry, I-I was just-" "no no, you're fine, dudette. I just got curious on this, that's all" Mikey tried to reassure me, so I just walk towards the fridge. Nodding my head quickly I say "yeah, okay - I guess I'll just grab a pop and head back out."

Though Mikey set his hand on my shoulder and I froze as I wait for what he'd say or even what he would even do since he stopped me. I hard swallow before looking back at him to see that he's blushing softly before setting the paper down. "Hey, uh... can we talk?" He asks, so I realize this is probably gonna be him saying I shouldn't hang out with him that much. I nervously bite my lip and sit down next to him- not daring to look him in the eye since I'm fearing rejection. "Look, if this is a talk to just draw where the line is, I get it - I can just hang out with Donnie or April more."

Mikey set his hand over mine, so I open my pop and look at him as I take a drink to see this look in his eyes that I can't really tell what it is. Then he says "no, it's not about that" "then why are we still in here?.. I mean, not that I hate it. I'm just curious, ya know?" I kinda stammer a bit, but he chuckled saying "I get that, dudette. Just.. do you really mean everything in the letter?" I remembered what I wrote in it. Smiling softly I say "'you make me happier than anyone ever has, Mikey... believe it or not, you're my favorite person to be around everyday.'"

Breathing in and I continue "'I know you don't feel the same, but I thought this would happen from how I am and everything. Or from how we are, we're best friends - I don't want to ruin that, so I just am going to say this much. I'll wait for you, along with if you don't ever like me that way - I can live with that too as long as we stay best friends.' Yes, I meant every word" I set my pop down as I smile up at him, he still has his blush as it now looks darker. He looks down at the little bear before setting his hand on the side of my face... caressing me a bit.

I lean into his hold before he just set his lips on mine, that caught me by surprise as my eyes widen and it feels like I stopped breathing. After a second or two I give in to the kiss too and we kissed for a bit before he leaned back. Slowly I opened my eyes and see that he's looking a bit conflicted before groaning and setting the bear down. "Oh sewer apples- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have--" I got interrupted as he chuckles softly to himself. He didn't bother to look me in the eyes as he softly sang "sweet home alabama..." that got me to start laughing a bit.

"I think I actually love you too, (Y/n)" "we can start off slow, Mikestar... just for you to figure things out more~"

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood