Mikey x reader (Cursed AU)

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

I've been friends with the turtles for a long while... but there's only one thing that I wish I could change out of everything. This stupid curse that's always been on my family for years now- it's hereditary at this point. You're able to talk until you're fourteen, then after that you can't even make a sound until you meet your soulmate. It's really stupid and we've tried to get it changed, but nothing has ever really worked at all for us. For me though.. I just wish it would, so I could finally talk to the best people in my life, but I'm not able to.

We're always having to communicate by phone- t-phone, but I feel like they're starting to get annoyed that that's the only way. I'm hanging out with Mikey right now though, we're just reading comics... before he had an idea. He gasped and said "hey, dudette - wanna go prank Raph?" I smile and nod my head softly. Mikey loves including me on his planning for pranks, and when it comes to stealth.. I have the perfect ability. He talked over the plan, I'd sneak into the dojo with a bucket full of water balloons, Mikey would get him in there.

Start "training" then when I hear the code sound, two clicks in his mouth- I strike, all we had to do was dig into his water balloon stash. Everything from there would be as easy as cake, I got the bucket and we're out, Mikey went first. He was going to distract Raph as a just in case if he actually was paying attention to me. I quickly and quietly made my way into the dojo, with that I put the handle of the bucket in my mouth. Climbing up I smirk softly as I am not hidden within the tree and the leaves.. waiting for the two to come in.

"Okay, I'll take ya up on that stupid bet - can't wait to take your pizza whenever I want for two weeks" Raph says smugly as he and Mikey walk in. I smile to myself as I get some water balloons ready to throw, the two slowly circled the other. 'Added bonus, I get to see Mikey in action' I think to myself and a small blush grows at the thought. Though after a second they started to fight, Raph got one or two good punches in before Mikey kicked him back. He was right in my sight "wait, Raph!.. I just thought of something really important, dude."

Raph looked at his brother in disbelief saying "oh yeah? What's that??" Mikey smirks as he clicks his tongue- 'the signal!' I think quickly. With that I start pelting Raph with all of the water balloons, Raph screams as he covers the top of his head. I jump down with the bucket and continue hitting Raph until I was all out, Mikey laughed as he picked me up. The smile on my face grows as I could feel myself wanting to laugh.. actual sound came out of me. It got dead silent as we all stood here, I even put my hands over my mouth out of shock.

Both of the two bros were looking at me shocked, but Mikey smiles big "DONNIEEEEE!!!" Then he ran out, all I could do was blink. Raph looks at me saying "you.. actually made sound" I slowly nod as I rub my own face in disbelief. "(Y/n), get in here!" Donnie yells out, so Raph and I walk into the lab and see that Leo and Mikey are in here too. I hard swallow at the sight, but Raph even says "she made sound, it mighta been quiet, but it was still there." Donnie walks up to me saying "I remember everything you told me, you have to say five things. Right?"

Yeah, that was the trick to this curse... I got to at least say five things to my soulmate only before I can actually talk to everyone again. Leo crossed his arms saying "well, she was hanging out with both Mikey and Raph when she made sound. Maybe it's one of them" I blush and look down, memories of when Mikey and I would text and hang out flow in. 'Him being my soulmate wouldn't be so bad' with that thought I felt my blush get darker as I shake my head. Looking up at the group I make the phone signal and grab out my t-phone, they understood instantly.

Me: I have to say about 5 things around my soulmate only, no one else until they're said

Donnie tapped his chin in thought at reading my text, so Leo's face lit up as he says "first you can try to talk with Raph. Then with Mikey, sound good?" I nod but hold up a finger and start typing at my t-phone again.

Me: I'm a bit worried that I won't even know how to talk since it's been so long...

Mikey smiles saying "it's okay, dudette - we'll help you!" Donnie nods and starts writing on some paper saying "just get her to try these. Five easy things like 'pizza is good' and 'my name is (Y/n)', got it?" He holds the paper out to Raph. Raph just looked at the paper before running out, my eyes widened at this, Donnie dropped the paper. Both Leo and Donnie ran out try to get to Raph, so Mikey picks up the paper before looking at me. I wave softly which made him smile, I walk over to the rolly-chair and sit down, Mikey stands in front of me.

"Can you try saying your name?.. please?" Mikey asks while pulling out his puppy dog eyes, so I snicker softly like I've learned to do. Breathing in and out I try talking, words actually feeling like they'll come out this time unlike my old attempts. "M...Me...My.. nama... name is... (Y-.. (Y/- (Y/n)" I struggled to get out and we both look at the other shocked. Mikey smiles big and I can see his face starting to turn a bit red as he stands there, then he looks back at the paper. "Pizza's great- say pizza's great" Mikey says a bit excitedly, so I chuckle softly- 'wow, my chuckle sounds weird.'

Hard swallowing I start trying to say it "p-puh-pizza is great" Mikey laughs happily as he threw the paper over his shoulder. "It doesn't have to be sentences, does it?" Mikey asks me, so I shrug my shoulders "I dunno." Late realization hit as I realized he tricked me into saying a third thing without meaning to. He put his hand to his forehead saying "I didn't think that would work" it felt easier to talk now than it did before. I playfully roll my eyes saying "oh, shush you - this is a lot to think on" Mikey kneeled in front of me with a hopeful look in his eyes.

Though before he could say anything I put my lips on his in an attempt to show my feelings before I can actually admit it. Pulling back I see his shocked face as he looks at me, so I chuckle saying "I love you, Mikestar." Mikey pulls me in for a hug as he said "I've always loved you, (Y/n)..." I gasp at this. My eyes well up with tears before hugging back "guys, we got Raph back-" Leo stopped talking. We look back and see they're looking at us confused, so I smirk saying "well, he wasn't needed."

Donnie's and Raph's jaw drop as Leo puts his hands over his mouth while taking a small step back saying "oh my gosh. (Y/n).. you're talking!!" Raph sighed in relief saying "I didn't have any feelins for her whatsoever." Mikey narrowed his eyes at Raph saying "hey, she's the best person we'll ever know!" Raph rolled his eyes. "Whateva-" "OH MY GOSH- YOU'RE ACTUALLY ABLE TO TALK NOW!!" Donnie says happily and hugs me. I chuckle and was about to hug back, but Mikey pushed Donnie back a bit saying "hands off the merchandise, bro."

"Look who's overprotective-" "it's not like you aren't with your Captain Ryan dolls" "man, I'm gonna love her smart remarks though."

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood