Chapter Ten *Unedited*

~*Harry's POV *~

I walked carefully as I carried Leigh up the stairs bridal style. Her eyes closed peacefully as she slept.

Softly,I laid her on her bed, pulling her blankets around her shoulders as she curled into a tight ball on her side. I stood there for a moment, taking in her beauty as she slept, her high cheek bones prominent on her tan face, her long eyelashes casted downwards, her dark hair flowing about her face abundantly.

She was beautiful.

She was beautiful in every aspect, but, her beauty wasn't just skin deep. It wasn't confined to the box of what modern day society called beauty. It was a beauty that radiated from her very core, shinning even in her darkest moments.

Quietly, I walked down the stairs, having left a note on her bedside table so she wouldn't be worried when she awoke. Swiftly making my way through the hallways and back to the front door. Closing it softly behind me.

My tears surprised me yet again as I gripped the steering wheel of my car. My knuckles turning white from the tension. My heart was breaking at the memory of her tears as she cried into my chest for those hours. Her story, filling my ears as I listened to every word she uttered.

My anger spreading though my body, quicker than any infection could have imagined.

I was angry with the world. I was angry with fate. For bringing such pain to someones life.

I shook my head, at the thought. Bad things happen to good people constantly, its the way of the world.

There was something different about her pain though. It didn't just pain me to see her hurting. It broke me. Silently as my heart cracked slowly at the images of her tears.

Her pain, was not only hers.

It was mines as well.

And as I walked to the front door of my flat. I couldn't help but chuckle at myself. Suddenly realizing that I was foolish to be angry with fate.

Because fate. Had inevitably, brought me to Leigh.

Who had suddenly. In such a short span of time.

Became a part of me.

And it was a part of me.

That I didn't think I would ever be able to let go.

~*Leigh's POV*~ (That Morning)

I awoke slowly, the bright morning sun glaring at my through the shades. My eyes slowly adjusting to the sudden burst of light.

I shook my head as I sat up.

Wait, how did I get in bed? I thought to myself, my eyes falling onto the note laid on my bedside table.

Lee,

You fell asleep shortly after our talk, so I decided to put you in bed.

Isa is sound asleep in bed as well.

Call me when your awake?

Sweet dreams,

Harry

I smiled softly as I ran my hand along the note, only for it to be swiftly turned into a grimace as I remembered our talk.

"Leigh." He had said to me knowingly, his eyes filled with sadness as he softly rubbed my cheek.

"She just...was gone." I started slowly, closing my eyes as I went back to that day. That day, that months ago, was much more than a memory.