Good Intentions

Beyonce huffed as her mother forced her to sit in the hot sun. "Beyoncé just try to have fun", her mom repeated for the thousandth time today. Finally giving in Beyoncé observed the scenery of the country club. "Not bad" she thought to herself. It wasn't crowded and the pool was empty, just the way she liked. She decided to give the place a chance.

"Going for a swim", I told my mom. She smiled at me which was everything. I didn't make my mom smile a lot so when I did it was priceless. I turned away trying to build my confidence to jump in the pool. I look around and I see no one. So I run and cannon ball into the pool. The cold water felt amazing. "Honey bee I'll be right back", my mom quickly left my sight.

I swam back and forth in the long stretching pool eventually growing bored. I decided to float on my back to pass some time. I closed my eyes feeling peaceful just floating here. "Hi", I hear in front of me. I thought I was dreaming until I felt a hand on my chest. I opened my eyes seeing a breathtaking face. I lose my balance tumbling over in the water. I felt myself breathing water, that's when I felt arms around me. "Calm down", I hear a sweet voice say. I follow the voice and I continuously breath.

"Keep breathing", I see her in front of me. I look down at her hand rested on my thigh. She removes it quickly shorting me a smile. "Are you ok?", she looks into my eyes. I nod trying to figure out where the hell she came from. "Why were you in 8 ft if you couldn't swim?", she asks. I laugh because that was crazy, I was the best swimmer in town. "No I'm a great swimmer, you just scared me", I admit. She looked me over and laughed. Then I knew what was going on.

I began gathering my mom's things up hoping the lady would leave. "Leaving so soon", she asks. She sounded so sexy and god what am I even saying. "Ugh yea I have a curfew", I clearly lie. She laughed most likely at me all together. "It's 3:00 in the afternoon and you have a curfew", I finally face her. She was so pretty and I knew if I didn't leave now what would happen. "Listen lady you're beautiful and cool and I'm not alright. So before I embarrass myself any further I'll be leaving", I began walking away. She didn't protest so I knew she got the gist.

I looked all over the country club for my mom but I couldn't find her. My last resort was the front desk. "Have you seen Ms.Knowles?", I ask. My mom was a regular here so I know for a fact everyone knew her. "Last I checked she was out by the pool", the guy smiled. It was weird, they were all "so happy" here. It was depressing if you asked me.

I speed walk to the pool hoping my mom would be there. The closer I got the more I wanted to run away. My mom was there but also was the woman from before. Was she a friend of my
mom? I hope not that'd be so embarrassing for me. I saw them look over and I duck behind the pillar. "Did they see me?", I pick at my finger nail. I look over the pillar seeing no one so I sigh with relief. "What are we hiding from?", I hear the infamous sweet voice. I jumped to my feet from the suddenness. "I um...no one. I was just admiring these cool pillars", I stroke them. She laughs making me feel nervous and small. "You're cute", she surprised me. "Cute?", I said confused. She looks me over before interlocking our arms. We're walking to my mom who was cheesing ear to ear. Two smiles in one day, that's...nice.

"I see you made a friend", my mom looked at our locked arms. I now felt uncomfortable so I try unlocking our arms. She only pulls me tighter and smiled when I looked at her. "Your daughter said she'd give me swimming lessons this month", she lied. I was starting to hate this stranger. "That's wonderful Beyoncé, I'm so proud of you", the last part warmed my heart. I smiled like crazy. Maybe this woman wasn't so bad? "So we'll be in pool 4, if you need anything", the woman spoke for us. "Great. Bye Beyoncé have fun", my mom winked at me.

The woman dropped my arm and held my hand as we walked by the poolside. "You don't talk much do you?", she says. I shake my head not wanting to embarrass myself. "Are you ok with physically touching me in public?", I ask. I look around making sure nobody saw us. Most people didn't like being seen in public with me so I'm sure she didn't. "Of course", she laughed. She probably was lying to make me feel better. I yanked my hand from her grip. "You lied to my mom. You can swim", I fold my arms. She laughs and pulls me to the beach chairs. "You're too hot to be this clueless", she pushes me back into the chair. Did she just call me...hot? "You think I'm h-ot?", I stutter. "Yea silly. You just don't know it yet", I smile. No one's told me that before.

"So if we aren't swimming, then what's going to happen?". I look over at her and she's laying on her stomach. I try not to look at her butt too much I didn't want to be a creep. "We're going to have fun", she sits up. Her skin was glowing as the sun hit it. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. "Why? Someone like you shouldn't even be talking to me, let alone hanging out with me", I logically think. She had to have some type of motive for doing this. Before she could speak a huge crowd entered the pool room. I began to sweat and my underarms began to tingle. I rush out of there before it was too late.

stay beautiful besties💕- Nicole