Bodyguard

Manhattan, NewYork
9:18 a.m

I was headed to my bosses office after knowledge of a possible new assignment.

'Good morning Sergeant take a seat please'. My boss looks awfully cheerful today. Maybe because it's a room full of suits and important people. 'As you know we've got many new clients. Celebrities, Suits, Politicians, and many important people. A new client has arisen and they've asked for the top in our department.

Here's their guy'. A man in his mid 40's began speaking. 'I'm the lawyer of your new client, nice to meet you. I have disclosed documents I need you to sign for confidential reasons of my client. These simply inclose your agreement to keep everything you speak or see during the time with my client confidential'.

I signed the documents after carefully reading them word for word, I never took peoples word for things I knew better than that. 'We'll get you to work immediately. You will meet my client at this address 5 p.m no earlier no later. You began then'. He shakes my hand before exiting the office.

'Well that's a arrogant son of a bitch', my boss laughs. 'It was good seeing you sir', he shakes my hand.

The Plaza Hotel

Manhattan, NewYork

4:57

I sat in my armored Benz patiently waiting for
my new employer. I got a file on my employer but I never saw a picture of them. It was a woman. She was famous and apparently in some trouble. The trouble she was in wasn't listed so I'm not sure what I'm up against. I just need to keep my head on straight and prepare for the worst.

I step outside my vehicle buttoning my suit up. The employer gave specific instructions of my attire, suited. It hid my bulletproof vest well might I add. My watch rings 5:00 which means my employer should be arriving in 5 minutes. I watch my surroundings closely as I stand outside my vehicle. Manhattan was a dangerous place if you weren't on beat of things.

I notice a car swerving as it pulls to the door of the hotel. I hold my hand on my holster discretely just in case I need it. The car makes a hard stop and a man gets out. He opens the back door and a woman appeared. She has bold pink hair, high pumps, and a fit diamond dress. I'm sure this is my employer.

I approach her car and her driver immediately holts me. 'No autographs from Ms.Maraj'. This definitely was my employer. 'I'm her new security so if you would back up.' He asks for my badge and I show him my credentials. 'Sergeant Knowles I'm so sorry. It's a pleasure to meet you'. The woman looks at us so I introduce myself. 'Leo who's this?', she asks. 'I'm Sergeant Knowles miss. I'm the new head of your security'. She nods and gives me a smile.

'Are you going to entertain those folks there?', I point. A bunch of people screaming with cameras had formed a huge group by the entrance of the hotel. I'm guessing they were fans and paparazzi. 'Yea not for long though', she answers.

She takes pictures with kids, answers questions, and takes more pictures. She seemed to make these people really happy. She finished entertaining her fans so we head into the hotel. I already have her room key so we go straight up.

'Wait here I have to make sure it's safe first', I inform her. I throughly check the room which took some time. 'It's clear miss'. She and her driver walks into the room. She heads straight
for the restroom. Her driver sits her bags down in the closet. 'Lovely meeting you Sergeant. If you or Ms.Maraj need anything I'll be right outside', he shakes my hand. I nod as he leaves.

Ms.Maraj plops on her bed like a child on a trampoline. She then stares at me as I stand by the door, hands in front me. 'So why'd they stick you on me?', she spoke with sarcasm. I could tell this woman would be trouble down the line. 'I'm not specifically sure. Just here to protect you and make you feel as comfortable as possible', I inform her. 'Great. Another day of being treated like a child', she huffs loudly. 'I'm just here to keep you safe, not to control you', I reassured. 'Well thanks I guess', she struggles opening her wine bottle. 'Do you need help', I ask. She declines my help. Before I knew it she has a knife in her hand trying to pry open the cork. She acted like a child. 'That is dangerous', I say before taking the knife and bottle from her.

I pull a lighter from my pocket, putting the heat to the cork. Almost immediately it pops open. She rolls her eyes at me but not before smiling. I stand back in the corner hands in front me. She sips her wine while staring at me the entire time. 'So why would they send a women as a bodyguard?', she sips her wine. 'Same reason they'd send a woman to rob a bank. It's whoever can get the job done', I reply. She sure does talk a lot. 'Well I don't think you're fit', she sips her wine more. 'No offense miss but I'm not here for you to like me or for your opinions', I reply softly.

People did this all time, trying to get under my skin. It wouldn't work. If guards from Turkey can't break me I'm sure this lady leprechaun couldn't. 'I don't like your tone. You're rude', she stands up. 'I'm sorry you feel that way miss. I'll just remain silent from now on', I say.

She inches closer to me with a cup of wine in hand. She seems to study my figure as I look forward. 'I'm going to get you fired', she threatens me. 'That's fine miss. I didn't volunteer to be here', I say softly. She gasps as if I did something foul to her. She try's purposely spilling her wine on me until I grab her forearm and the wine. 'Looks like you tripped', I tilt my head at her. This woman was starting to annoy me and it was really hard to do that.

'I don't like people who think they're more important than me', I give her a blank stare. She's definitely had too many drinks. 'Miss I don't know you well enough to think that about you', I reassure. She sits on her bed legs cross facing me. 'So you're a smart ass ok. Well what have you done that's so important', she questions. 'If you have to ask Miss then nothing I suppose', she rolls her eyes. 'That's cute. Well I think I'm fine from here get out', she orders. 'Miss I've been given clear instructions to stay in this room to reassure your safety', I inform her. She huffs loudly followed by a sigh.

'At least make me like you', she frowns looking at me. 'Would that make you feel safer?', I question. 'Of course', she whispered. 'Ok. What could I do?', I question. 'Ask me about myself or something. I'm not use to people acting normal around me', I smile in the inside.
Here's the real her I was waiting to find.

'Who are you?', I ask. She scrunched her face, 'What do you mean?'. 'Like what do you do to need me? I know you're supposedly famous I just don't know what for', I speak. 'I'm a rapper/pop star. And a big speaker of my mind', she informs. 'Oh nice. You must not be good if I never heard of you', I say with a straight face. She looks like she's angry but doesn't want it to show. "I'm joking. I'm sure you're talented. And you don't seem like someone that needs protection', I say. She smiled as if that was the nicest thing someone had ever said to her. 'Well I'm glad you think so. Some people think I'm so slow I need a bodyguard', she makes me laugh a bit. 'So you do have a soul good to know', she smiles showing her dimples. 'And here I thought my client was a heartless prick', I say with a straight face. She laughs as Leo enters.

'A minute please', I stand buttoning my suit jacket. He pulls me close to door with a worried look. 'Is it possible I could leave early? My daughters had a bad allergic reaction', his face saddens. 'Yea of course. I'll stand guard for you', I reassure. He tells Miss Onika he's leaving and I walk him to the elevator. 'I hope your kid feels better. Take as much time as you need' I reassure. I head back into her room and lock the doors.

'Where's Leo going?', she looks worried. 'His daughter had a emergency', I inform her. 'Damn, Well is his replacement coming?', she asks. 'You don't need that. You've got me here' she still looks worried. 'You don't feel safe?", I ask. Her face said it all. She didn't feel safe with me. 'No offense but Leo has protected me for years. He has 16 years of police business under his belt. What do you have that can top that?", she asks. She's really stuck on this cop thing. 'I'm just good at my job Miss, that's all.', I say. After saying that I'm pretty sure she still felt unsafe. 'Yea so I think I feel safer with Leo', she says. 'Believe what you want Miss. I'm just here to keep you alive nothing extra'. I made that clear before the conversation could get any further.