Lovers and Friends

Onika Tanya Maraj was 18 years old with a bright future ahead of her. She had a perfect life, which was rich parents that spoiled her to death. She also dated the captain of the basketball team which was also captain of the football team. He had the looks, the grades, and the money. So Onika's family immediately accepted Meek, no matter how he treated Onika. Her parents were huge homophobic assholes though, they didn't accept Onika's bestfriend.

Beyoncé was 18 years old and captain of the basketball and Softball team. Also the gay bestfriend of Onika. Onika and Beyoncé were inseparable. Beyoncé never told anyone but she was always with Onika because she didn't have family herself. Her parents were strung out drug addicts that were abusive and manipulative. Onika thought they were really nice and caring but they weren't, she couldn't let Onika feel sorry for her. Onika was the only one who got her and accepted her for who she truly is. Not for her looks or her talents. Although Onika's parents didn't accept Beyoncé they still tolerated her and that was fine with Beyoncé.

Onika and Meek were now cheering Beyoncé on at her Basketball game. "LET'S GO BEYONCÉ! LET'S GO!", the entire gym shouted. Beyoncé wipes the sweat from her face with her jersey. "You got this Bey", she whispered to herself. She pounds the ball to the ground and she throws the ball in the basket. "WOOO!", the crowd cheered.

She looked in the stands and finds Onika smiling at her. "This for you", I mouth to her. The defensive team goes for another basket but Beyoncé steals the ball. She goes for a 3 pointer and makes the winning shot. "A 3 pointer from Beyoncé Knowles. She wins it again for the Tigers", the announcer screams from the mic. She jumps up and down and her team mates  lift her to the air. "BEYONCÉ! BEYONCÉ!", they shout. "Put me down", she demands playfully. They put her down and Onika jumps on her causing her to fall down. "You killed it!", Onika pulls her jersey. "I mean I didn't do too bad", Beyoncé brushes her shoulders off playfully. "You damn near did better than me", Meek said nudging me. "Boy shut up! My bestfriend is better than you. She gone make it to the big league's one day ain't that right", Onika smiles. "Of course and I'm taking you with me", Onika face scrunches.

"I love you Bey but get ya sweaty ass off of me", Meek and Beyoncé laugh. "Shut up midget", Beyoncé walks off. She knew Onika would come after her, she hated that word. She wasn't actually a Midget she was just a little shorter than Beyoncé. "That's why yo ass not sleeping over my house tonight", Onika jumps on her back. Beyoncé knew she was kidding but the thought of her going home frightened her. Onika notices Beyoncé's mood swing so she apologized. "I'm kidding dang. Loosen up, you know I can't sleep without you", she teased. "That's right", Bey smirked.

Onika's PoV

I know y'all probably thinking, me and Bey date but we don't. We just close like that, we been best friends since diapers. We tried kissing once in middle school but I liked it too much. And that scared the shit out of me. So I told her I didn't like it and we've still been close every since. Don't get me wrong we still have our moments but I couldn't see myself fucking my bestfriend.

I was on Bey's back as she ran to my car. I unlocked the car doors and Bey opened the door for me. "Such a gentleman", I teased. She was fixing to argue with me when Meek knocked on my window. "Hey baby. The guys are going out for pizza and they invited us. So I'll just go with them and let you and Bey girl out", he kissed my cheek. "Um... ok", I rolled my eyes. He ran to the truck with his boys and drive off.

"He didn't even ask me if I wanted to go", I frowned. Beyoncé nearly stared me down to death. "Now Nikki", she said. "What?", I say softly. "You know damn well you didn't want to go", she said in her southern accent. "Bestfriend I know. But he didn't know that. He just want to stick his dick in anything moving", I say in frustration. Meek was sweet when he wanted to be but he still was Meek, so that sucked. "Chill girl you know you too good for him anyways, with yo fine self", I blushed. That girl could make smile even if I was mad at the world.  "Bestfriend. I love you", I hugged her. "I love you too. Now please let's go", she laughs. I start my push start sports car and drive home.

"It's silent as hell. Where are your parents?", Beyoncé whispers. "Why are you whispering? And they're out of town on business", I shout. "Oh, thank god.", she shouts mockingly. Beyoncé loves my parents for some odd reason. They were always homophobic to her but she didn't mind. If anyone else was homophobic to her they got their ass beats or cursed out, but not them. "Bestfriend I need a hot shower immediately", she says eager. "Go then. I'll cook us something", I say. "Or you could wait and let me help you", she offers. "Girl you take hours at a time in the shower, stop playing", I laugh. "True. We'll never eat waiting on me huh", I nod. And with that my bestfriend headed upstairs to shower.

I was cooking our favorite, spaghetti and meatballs. If I didn't stop her and Meek they would eat the whole pot. I guess I got my cooking from my grandma because my mom or dad can't cook for shit. Either Rosalind, my maid cooks or Beyoncé. My mother never lets me cook she says, "As Maraj's we let others prepare meals for us". She swear she was some First Lady. She tripped me out sometimes especially when she wore those little pant skirts.

"What you laughing at?", Bey asked. "You scared the hell out of me", I cut my finger. I lick the blood off and hold it in my mouth for some time. "I'm sorry. Wait here", she gets the first aid kit. "I'm sorry", she wrapped my finger. It was a small cut she was over exaggerating. Bey acted hard around others but was a soft ass around me. "I'm ok", I smile. She gives me a half smile and sets our food up. She hated hurting people, no matter how small it is. She's going to try and apologize and do sweet things all night, she always does.

"That food gone put me to bed bestfriend. You did your thing huh", she smiles. "I tried. I know that's your favorite so I wanted to treat you on your win. You looked pretty happy out there", I say. Beyoncé never said anything but I knew she was depressed. It ate me up inside that she never talked about it with me. "Yeah winning just gives me this rush you know", I nod. "You looked good out there I was like yea that's my bestie", my dimple showed. "Thank you. I heard your loud self, thank you for always supporting me", I nod. "Always", I hug her. I change the subject, she didn't like talking about sad shit.

After Beyoncé insisted on cleaning the kitchen, she came upstairs to my room. I had taken my shower and put on my pajamas, I was ready for bed. Bey laid beside me and sighed deeply. "I'm tired", she sighed. "Same. Cuddle?", I ask. I wasn't facing Bey so I didn't know what she was thinking. She didn't respond so I guess she wasn't in the mood.

Her warmth wrapped around me which made me feel safe. I snuggled into her side more to feel more of her warmth. "Hey Bey?", I whispered. "You're the best friend I could ever ask for. I love you", I whispered. "I love you too", she whispers which caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up.