Faceless

I tucked my stepmother under the cover as she nearly fell from the couch. She smelled of throw up and cheap alcohol. I hated seeing her like this, at her lowest I mean. My father really ran a number on her if we were being honest. I shouldn't feel too sorry for her though she's no saint. She did unforgivable things too but I was too embarrassed to ever speak of them.

I took my sweater off as the the cold air hit my skin. I liked being cold for some reason. It just made me feel alive and here in a weird way. I usually took walks to clear my head but right now I don't know how I feel. That's usually how my days go, not knowing how I feel. I stumble on something and I come back to reality.

A caramel woman stood before me. Her face resembles a goddess I've never seen before. She had long black hair with the deepest dimples I've ever seen. She was undeniably gorgeous and I'm sure she knew that. "Im sorry", she held a shy smile. I give her a blank expression as I help her off the ground. "It's fine", I say before heading off. Maybe I should've talked more? She probably thinks I'm weird now. "Dude you are", a little voice says in the back of my head. I laugh because their right. I walk the block once again before heading into the house.

I close my eyes so my body could get the signal to shut off. I waited and waited for sleep to overcome me. Before I knew it the sunlight filled my room. I rose up stretching my arms as if I had a full nights rest. Now I had to go pretend to be the perfect stepdaughter. Well welcome to my life.

"Hi", she smiled shyly. "Hello", I open the fridge. She puts a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Black hair, scar over the brow. This was my stepmother, Gabriel. She was pretty and predictable. "I'm sorry for last night. That won't happen again", I nodded. "Ok", I say plainly. I tried not to show my emotions too much around anyone. It might give them the wrong idea and I probably won't remember them the next day.

I drank my water as Gabriel made her way over to me. I sighed letting her do her usual with me. This was our life, fucked up and boring. I just wish someone would give me something to smile about. But in this lame ass town that wouldn't happen. She kissed down my neck as I sat their not turned on at all. She tried kissing my lips but I pulled away. "No", I say with boredom. "Please", she gave me puppy dog eyes. I shook my head no walking away from her. She'd eventually forgive me for this.

I sat on the porch fiddling with my pocket knife. I wonder what would happen if I stabbed myself? I asked myself this question a lot and I always got the same answer. I just bled until it stopped. No pain, just this red boring liquid. I sliced my hand hoping I'd finally feel something but I was mistaken again. Just the red boring liquid seeped from my hand again. I hear a loud thud and I look up.

I see a woman struggling with boxes at the house two doors down from mine. She looked familiar but I wasn't too sure. I walked over figuring I'd help her since I was so bored. I put the pocket knife away grabbing the boxes from her. "Oh hi...thank you", she seemed nervous. She picked up a small box and I followed her to her porch. I didn't feel like talking so I didn't. I just got her boxes and placed them where she wanted. I closed her car door and she stood before me. Black hair, deep dimples. It was the gorgeous woman from last night.

She grabbed my arm taking me by surprise. She looked to my hand and I jerked it back. Same old red boring liquid. "My gosh you're bleeding", she sounded worried. She grabbed my arm pulling me inside her house. She pulled me to a table grabbing something from a box.

"It's so deep", she examined it. I just stared at her as she seemed so concerned about my well being. Meanwhile I was concerned with how perfect she was, I couldn't find a single thing wrong with her. "This might hurt", she frowned. She poured alcohol over the cut and she cringed. I rolled my eyes because she seemed to be in more pain than I was, if I was in any. She blew at it and tried wrapping it. "No need", I pull my hand away. "I have to it could get infected", she says as if that's a bad thing. Maybe I could feel an infection?

"I'm fine thank you", I look to her. She seemed worried about me and I didn't know why. I suddenly gave her my hand back surprising myself. She smiled revealing those perfect dimples. "You don't talk much", she wraps my hand up. "Talking is a waste of time", I say truthfully. She snaps her head at me and laughs. "So you're saying I'm not worth your time?", she raised a brow. "I don't know if you are yet", I shrug. "Fine. Now how did you get this?", she refers to my cut. "A knife it doesn't hurt though", I admit. She looks to me with a curious look. "Did you do this?", she asked still staring at my cut. "Would it make you feel better If I say no?", I question.

She looked at me with a raised brow. "What's your name?", I took my hand from her grasp. "Beyoncé", I pick at the boring red liquid around the cut. "That's a nice name", I nod agreeing with her. I hear barks so I look to the woman. "You have a dog?", I become interested in her now. I respect people with dogs. "Yes but he doesn't listen to anyone. Plus he bites", she grabbed a leash from the open box. I take the leash from her putting it back in the box. "Dogs hate these", I say. She laughs as if I made a joke. "If you want to be safe we need this", she gestured to the leash. I grabbed her hand following the barking.

A large golden retriever was tied up to a pole in her backyard. I shook my head rolling my eyes at her. The dog continued to bark as she looked scared of him. "You're afraid of him?", I let her hand go. She nodded looking frightened. I laughed at her because how could she be scared.

I walked in front of the barking dog who tried to make the two of us feel threatened. "You don't scare me", I bent down in front of him. He stopped barking but still growled at me. "Down", I said sternly. He rolled over and I gave him a rub. "Good Boy", I smile. I usher the woman over and she shakes her head. I untie the dog and he sits. "Go", I point to her. He runs and knocks the woman over, licking her. Her screams soon turn to laughter. I stand beside her admiring how beautiful she was. If I remembered any face I hope it would be hers.

I hate this one, that's why it's taken me a year to publish🙄.

But anyways stay beautiful loves, byee😙.

-nicole💗✨