Wrong or Right |?|

3 years ago today....

"A high school senior, Dominic Maraj who was killed in a fatal crash 5 nights ago on February 14. Family and friends are mourning the lost of their loved one at the Peachtree burial site. The family asks everyone to come out and show support for their loss." The news broadcaster held tears in her eyes as she talked about him. Dom was my bestfriend who just so happened to die on Valentine's Day. Police say he was wasted while speeding on the bridge that night. They said his speeding caused him to crash head on which led to him dying on impact.

My face stained with tears as I walked up to the burial site with Dom's casket. The whole town shut down today just to be here. I was late because I've gotten wasted everyday since the crash. My heart broke that night because of Dominic. It wasn't all his fault I let him borrow my car that night. He promised me he was going to see Kelly, I guess he lied. I wish I would've never answered the call. He would've still been here. "Get her out of here!". Mrs.Maraj shouted while crying. People ushered me out of the burial site at her words. I guess she still blames me too. I left the burial site and town that day. Never to be seen again....until now.

I held my duffel bag over my shoulder as Dom's old house came into view. I had been walking for almost 2 hours now. I was sweaty, tired, and hungry. None of that mattered though I needed to pull myself together for this visit. No one had seen me in this town for 3 years. No one even missed me, except my mom. She missed me to a certain extent but to me that was alright. I KNEW for fact Ms.Maraj wouldn't be happy to so me but this wasn't about me or her. I was doing this for Dom, this would've made him really proud.

I checked myself throughly before knocking on the door of my dead best friend's house. I hear a sweet voice say, "Coming". I immediately knew it was Mrs.Maraj. I just wish she didn't hate me so much things would be different. The door shot open with Mrs.Maraj perfect smile. It simply fell once she realized who was at her door. "Why are you here?". She asked with a stank face. If looks could kill I would be sliced to pieces right now. "I need to talk to you. Please it's important". She looked behind her and seemed worried. What was that about? "You're not welcomed here anymore. Get off my property before I call the cops". I thought after 3 years she'd at least talk to me. I guess I was wrong. "Fine Ms.M. If you change your mind I'll be here all weekend". She slammed the door in my face without hesitation. I never thought my life would be like this 3 years ago.

Mrs.Maraj POV:

She had some nerve even coming near this place. How could she, after what she did? She destroyed my family and killed my son. She should be dead right now instead of him. He should knocking on my door right now, not her. I fell to my knees as I sat on his bed. It's been this way for 3 years now and I still can't believe he's gone.

I've managed to pull myself together after breaking down earlier. I'm meeting with my son's girlfriend after three hard years. Life has been hard for the both of us so why not feel that pain together?

We hugged for a long while before we sat down to talk. "It's good to see you again", she wiped a tear from her face. "You too. How have you been? You look amazing", I tried holding back my tears. I have to be strong for the both of us. "I've been uh making it I guess. It's hard breathing sometimes without him", she sniffed. My eyes burn as tears threaten to spill. "How do you get through it all?", I ask as if she had all the answers in the world. "Sometimes I don't know. But in the last year Beyoncé has helped me", she wiped a stray tear. I scrunch my face just hearing her name.

"How could you talk to her after what she did?", I become disgusted with the whole situation. Kelly looks hurt by my words as if I did something wrong. "What? Wait who do you think Beyoncé did?", she asks clueless. I widen my eyes because she's obviously lost her mind. "She killed my boy Kelly! Don't you remember that", I hit the table. She shook her head no blowing her nose. "You're serious?", she asked. "Why would I be joking right now? My baby's gone Kelly", I couldn't hold back my tears. "Beyoncé didn't kill him, she couldn't if she wanted to", she sounded sure of her. Why was she saying this madness? "Why are you lying for her?", I got angry. It seemed like this whole town was insane, everyone except me.

"I'm not lying. Do you think I would forgive her if she did that?", she seemed serious. "If she didn't kill my baby. Who did? What happened?", I asked. I needed to know the truth. I deserved that and nothing less.

"You remember Valentine's Day when you grounded Dom?", I nodded. He came home high out of his mind after being influenced by Beyoncé. "Yea Beyoncé got him super high", I recalled. "What? No who told you that?", she looked confused. "Beyoncé did", she shook her head no. "Beyoncé couldn't touch drugs, coach gave her drugs test like everyday. Dom's the one that got super high that night and tried jumping me", my eyes grew wide. Dom could never do that. I would've known if he was on drugs. "Dom would never hurt you or do any drugs", I defended him. "He was high I know he would never hurt me sober. But Dom definitely did drugs and that doesn't make him a bad person. He just screwed up, it happens to the best of us", she said. I didn't want to believe her but it did explain some nights when Dom got angry for no reasons.

"So what else happened that night?", I wanted to know more. "It was Valentine's Day and he was grounded. He called me that night and said he wanted to give me something. I told him no because he sounded drunk and I didn't want to see him like that. He flipped out on me then apologized and said he was coming to my place. I felt bad so I said ok. And he never showed up. That's when I found out what happened", she began to tear up. I didn't know what to say. "Beyoncé wrote me a later explaining a few things that seemed off to me", she pulled the letter out. She handed me the letter and I couldn't pull myself to read it. "Why are you doing this now?", I got sad all over again. "Because we destroyed her life and she deserves better than that. They both do", she tapped the letter. "Dom was a great person, but Beyoncé's all you have now. I'll see you later", she left the cafe leaving me speechless. What did all of this mean?

Beynika Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें