Territorial-2

"BEYONCÉ!", someone shouted. I groaned due to the nagging voice calling my name. "Yes", I spoke irritated. "You're late", ringed my ears. I immediately jumped up and apologized to the housekeeper which seemed to be the only one there. With a time limit I put my hair into a messy bun, slipped on my crocs, and grabbed an outfit from the drawer. The school was like two miles away and Onika had left me. So I had to run the entire way there. It wasn't that hard for me considering I was a athlete but I was tired and sweaty.

I ran into the school building and followed the signs to reach the main office. "Hi, How can I help you?", the lady asked. "Hi, I'm Beyoncé Knowles. I'm new here, it's my first day", I shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you Beyoncé. We're in third period right now so don't make a habit of being late", I nodded. "Chasity here will show you around", she pointed at the girl who seemed to be in trouble. Chasity and I headed out the door and to my next class.

"So you're new?", she asked. "Yea", I replied. I didn't want to make friends just yet, I knew not trust too many people. My mother always taught me that. "Well I'm chasity, if you need any help and you see me, just yell my name", she says. "Why would I yell?", I ask curiously. She pushed her hair behind her ear to reveal hearing aids. "Oh ok, got you", I reassured. "No jokes?", she asked. "No I think it's cool. It makes you stand out", I spoke my truth. "That's a first, well here we are. Room 309 Coach Wright. Get ready to sweat and take a load of shit", she laughed as she walked away.

I went into the gymnasium which was sort of small. I immediately hear loud chatter as I enter. I walk over to where a table is and all eyes are on me. The other students are currently in the bleachers by the looks of it. I finally make it to the table after what felt like forever. "Coach Wright?", I say more as a question. This built white guy answers me. "Who's asking?", he says in a southern accent. "Beyoncé Knowles sir. It's my first day", I explain. "I know who you are I just didn't know your face. Welcome to Gym class where hell is real", he smirks. "Nice to meet you sir", we shake hands. "If you don't mind me asking, do you play ball?", I furrow my brows. How did he know that already I never played for my school so it wasn't in my records. "Yes sir how'd you know?", I ask curious. "That grip you have going", he smiles. "Oh well I don't think I'm all that if I say so myself", I smile. "Well I'd still like it if you signed up to try out if you want? We have tryouts tomorrow right after school in the gym", he informs. "I'll think about it sir thank you", I smile.

He gave me an assignment on the structure of the human heart. I was now walking up the bleaches when I saw Onika. Then what she said earlier came to me. "Act like I'm not even there", she spoke before. I didn't want to invade her space so I just sat at the same bench just across from hers. I glanced at  her once then back at my paper. The heart beats three billion beats per lifetime. I read on the paper Coach Wright gave me. I continued to skim the paper and the Human heart was just as complex and interesting as I thought. What I didn't see was how many times the human heart would get broken a lifetime, that'd be useful. The bell for fourth period rang and the kids scattered into the hallways like roaches.

As I was walking to the hall I saw some girls with Onika. She looked uncomfortable as they talked but she laughed along. She galnces at me as I walk past her. I found my classroom and I entered when only the entire class was there. "Mr.Robinson is it?", I ask. "No he's not in today unfortunately he's out with flu. I'm Jake the substitute for the week.", she politely shook my hand. "Oh ok nice to meet you. I'm Beyoncé and I'm new here", I inform him. "Welcome to Elsik Beyoncé. You could sit wherever there's a empty seat", he said. I chose to sit in the middle of the class so I wouldn't cause too much attention to myself. I skimmed the classroom and saw everyone either on their phone, chatting, or reading a book. I didn't have a phone anymore so I just started drawing.