Every Part Of Me

______________________'
"But to live doesn't mean you're alive"- N.M
______________________

Onika sat in her room as she flipped through the Vogue magazine. Over the summer she had become obsessed with the whole 90's style. She began reading magazines and purchasing more vintage things to complete her style. This was just like her emo phase, her tomboy phase, and her country phase. Onika liked to look at her life as phases. None of the good phases ever lasted long so she ruined the phase before it could get ugly. She just wish school was a bad makeup job that you could wipe away. But high school wasn't that easy to escape.

Onika has never been the popular girl in school. It never mattered to her before, she wasn't the type to like attention. Although she got it sometimes because of her ex-bestfriend, Beyoncé. Onika hated Beyoncé with everything in her. If Onika got the chance she would kill Beyoncé without a thought. She didn't always hate Beyoncé they actually were good friends before. But just like all good phases they get ugly.

Onika's POV

I tucked my hair behind my ear as I brushed it evenly. I don't know why my stupid ass manager keep trying to make me wear this hat. It's ugly just like this uniform. If I didn't need this extra money, I would go the fuck off. But I do so for now I'll wear this ugly uniform.

I drove to work in my benz that was black of course. I couldn't get it pink just yet, my mom would freak. She'd think it was ghetto so she definitely wasn't paying for it. That's why I'm saving up to get it myself. I got a job at the theatre which pays well for me. Mostly because of my looks, my bosses words not mines. She says I'm pretty and I attract people so I make more money. It was fine by me as long as I'm getting paid.

I arrive at the shit hole and put on a fake smile before entering. "Hi nessy", I wave at my co-worker. She didn't like me which made me even nicer to her. It'll always kill haters faster by being nice to them, I learned that during my emo phase. "Hey oni-ka", she popped her gum. I gave her a fake smile while clocking in. It was a Friday night which meant teenagers were about to storm this place. It's been that way since forever. "You closing tonight?", the booth guy asked. "Yea me you and nessy right?", I ask. He nods, "Mhm. I already cleaned the floors for you so we should be good for showings 2 through 5". I smiled because that would help me out a lot. "Thank you so much", I smiled. "No problem we gots to look out for each other", he smiled turning back to the booth. Maybe this shit hole had some nice people after all.

I set the movie up for the three different showings as I hear people outside. I hurry to the snack bar before nessy throws a fit. "Finally", she groans. She always complained way too much for my liking. I laugh as people start to make their way to my area. "Hi what could I do for you today?", I ask the woman with her family. She was a regular and she always tipped me on the side. People like her made me love my job. "No problem that'll be 17.91", she handed me the money. "Enjoy your show. I hear the movies pretty good", I give her my best smile. They thank me before taking off. After doing the same thing for at least a hundred times I go check all the showings.

"Hey Nicki could you cover the booth I need a restroom break", he holds his stomach. I laugh before taking over the booth. I take my hat off straightening my hair so I look presentable.

There were few buyers at the booth for the last 15 minutes. I took this time to flip through my magazine. "Yo nessy who'd you smash Lindsey or Miley", I voice. "Definitely Lindsey no homo though", she wiped the counter down. "Same", I continue flipping through the magazine. Someone taps on the glass and I shoot my head up. My smiles quickly fades to a frown when I realize it's Beyoncé. "Wassup Nick", she says boldly. She was so hot but so ugly all at once. I could just jump through the glass and strangle her right now. "Hi what could I do you for?", I ask with a tight smile. She puts her hand on her chin as she looked at the different showings. She always did this as if she didn't do the same thing every time.