Deja Vu

"Female in her early 20's. Suffering from several broken bones, a punctured lung, a ruptured artery, multiple stab wounds to the lower back, and possible brain trauma. Get her to a table and prep her for immediate surgery", instructed the head surgeon.

This was the most action we had gotten all month long. Things have been pretty quiet since flu season had passed.

This poor girl looked no more than 20 years old, she was in critical shape. She isn't even recognizable right now, her body doesn't look human but her face does. Her face is beautiful actually it's odd her body doesn't match it. Her body's filled with cuts, stab wounds, broken bones, punctures lungs, and many other things. It was sad that she wasn't identified yet, she hasn't responded to anything or anyone. Considering she's in a coma and isn't expected to stay alive with her ventilator. They're giving her 2 weeks for her body to respond or their pulling the plug on her. No ones looking for her or anything, she's just here hurting and half dead.

I was now talking to her trying to bring some sense of hope to myself. She was a hit and run victim so more than likely her perpetrator won't come forward. This was the saddest sight ever.

"I wonder what your name is? You look like a Simone or something calm like Vanessa", I laugh to myself. I'm now changing the bandages and cleaning all her wombs. I was just assigned to her permanently yesterday. I was only a nurse which limited my knowledge of her actual conditions.

I bathed her but stopped when I felt something rise up near her private area. I lifted her gown gently and saw a penis, a full grown penis. "What the hell?", I said confused. I went to get the head doctor and show that she was responding to touch. " I just tapped it mistakingly and it rose up", I informed him. He checked all her nerves and they seemed the same as before. "That's minor improvement. That still could just be her body reacting instinctively. The oxygen was away from her brain for too long, it'll take a miracle for her to survive this", he stepped out the room.

I continued bathing the woman and caring for her. After I was done I went home for the day.

The next day

I talked to my good friend Erica who was also a nurse. "So did the mystery woman make any moves today", she nudges me. "Shut up!", I laugh. "She likes you O-NIKA", she said slowly. We laughed loudly and gained stares. "Shhh you know Dr.P don't like us having fun", she giggled. "We'll keep me posted on her ok", I nodded.

1 week and 3 days later

The mystery girl was still in a coma with no improvements. I didn't give up hope yet although the doctors slowly are. She has 16 hours to wake up or make neurological movement or their pulling the plug. I didn't want that to happen so I've been trying everything. I've read to her for weeks, I said thousands of names, and I've even researched people that looked like her in the system. No ones reported her missing, which is unbelievable to me. How can someone just abandon her like that, it's pitiful and sad.

"Please wake up for me", I whispered in her ear. Nothing. "You have to wake up", I said again. Nothing. I sat down and studied how her body was getting better and healthier. She was slowly healing after being left for dead. "You're like a little bumblebee you can't be killed easily", I said as I stood up. I looked down to see her grabbing my hand. I tried pulling my hand away but she wouldn't let go. I hit the nurse's button to call the on staff nurses. Jane, a attendant nurse rushed in. "Go get the doctor she's responding", I nearly yell. She immediately rushed away as the woman continued holding my hand.

"She's responding?", Dr.P asked. I pointed to her holding my hand as he took her vitals. "This is odd", he furrowed his brows. "Her heart is beating perfectly normal", he shocked me. "What did you do to her?", he asked. "Nothing", I started to think. "So this just happened suddenly", he took more vitals. "Well I just said she's like a little bumblebee ", the woman squeezes my hand. "Doc she's squeezing my hand", he comes near me. "How are you doing that?", he looked confused. "Doing what?", I ask. "Making her respond", he said. "I'm not making her respond. I just said she's like a little bumblebee", she squeezed my hand again. Doctor P was amused by this so he shut the ventilator off and monitored her heart rate. As long as I held her hand she was fine, which was weird. This rose many questions with people in high places at the hospital. This meant I would get paid more money on top of the mystery woman getting actual help.

She was still unconscious but she was breathing on her own. This was a huge improvement from the last time. She was now responding more, nerve wise. Mentally I don't know where she's at, I just know she's breathing on her own. I've been assigned to her full time, which means no going home. I eat,sleep, and breathe this women until further notice if I want to get paid. I didn't mind but I did have a personal life as well, but my job was first.

"I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives", I read my quote book. I kept a book full of sayings I came across that helped me get along. I read some to the woman hoping she could hear them and feel inspired to wake up. Some might say it was stupid but I'd rather be stupid than sorry. "To see a world in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in a hour", I said to her. She squeezed my hand again which I'm guessing signaled me to keep reading. I read quotes to her for the next hour before checking her vitals again. After I laid on the couch in her room and drifted to sleep.

Not even a hour later my phone rung. "Hey baby", I cheesed. I put him on speaker phone because my arms were tired. "Don't hey baby me where you been?", he sounded aggressive. His voice was so sexy when he got like this. "I've been at work, I've got a permanent patient baby", I smiled. "Permanent? For how long I miss you", he said. "I miss you more. And she's unconscious so my goal is to wake her up and get her back healthy as a bee", she squeezed my hand again. It was something about bees and this woman. I wonder what the connection was. "Nick? Nick?", he dragged me from my thoughts. "Sorry baby, I'm here", I say. "You been outta mind lately. You need you some me in your life", he made me laugh. "Shut up! Jerk", he laughed. "I'm serious I miss you. I know damn well they not making you live up there", he asked. "Baby it's just temporary, it'll work out. This poor girl needs to be on her feet not in this bed looking half alien", I sighed. "It's fine baby, I'll see you when I see you. I hope she gets better", I look her over. "Hey do you need anything? I just touched down in Houston I wish you were here", he said. "I am there in spirit so have fun for us ok", he smacked his lips. "Fine baby, I love you", he kissed the phone as he hung up. Meek was my boyfriend, he was lovely. He had a temper sometimes but he always made up for it. I loved him a lot, he was my other half.

I drifted back to sleep as the mystery women held my hand tight in her grip.

I wrote this last year at like 3 a.m so don't hate me if it's bad 😀✋🏽. Bye