Territorial

"Moving into a new town really pissed me off but deep down inside I knew I needed a fresh start. It was about time to let the past be the past and move on. Before I tell you all my secrets and what the hell I've been through let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, born and raised in the heart of Texas, Houston. I'm seventeen and my parents died about a week ago. My mom's name is Tina and my sperm donor of a father name is Matthew. I'm still trying to take the fact that my parents are dead in so I'll tell you how they died a bit later, or never.

Right now I'm headed to my Mom's good friend house. I've never met the woman, the way they described her made her seem nice. She was also loaded so that was good too. I'm not a really big fan of people... wait let me rephrase that people really aren't a big fan of me. Besides me being extremely hot and independent I kind of have this small thing going on that don't work for people. And the small thing is I have a penis, well a HUGE penis. I mean I actually surprise myself sometimes when I see it. Other than that I'm a chill and boring person. I feel like I've shared enough with you so yea", I said to the newly found social worker.

"I know it's a lot to take in but if I get famous one day then you'll know a shit ton of things about me.", I smiled. "Well Nice to meet you Beyoncé Giselle Knowles from the heart of Texas, Houston. I'm Amber, twenty nine and I'm from Minnesota. Nothing too exciting in my life like yours", she made conversation. "What? You're totally a babe to be near thirty", I said. "Why thank you Miss Knowles", she smiled. I could tell no one told her that enough. It was written all over her face when I said it. I liked making people smile when I couldn't, it was nice.

"Here we are, The Maraj Residence", we both looked up at the huge house as we exited the car.  "They fucking loaded", I gasp. "Watch your mouth Beyoncé.", she remarks. I didn't say anything smart back, she was nice to me. As Amber lightly knocked on the door it immediately slung open. Then appeared a woman who was fairly tall and reeked of bleach. "Hi I'm Amber", she greeted. "And you must be Beyoncé. It's lovely to meet you both", she kindly shakes my hand with a genuine smile. "Nice to meet you as well. You seem genuinely kind, I like that", she continued smiling. She invited us in and we followed her to this huge dining room.

"Mrs.Maraj prepared breakfast for you two. She'd love if the two of you ate with the family if that's fine with you", she spoke politely. "Of course we'd love to", Ms. Amber answered. "They'll be down shortly. It was nice meeting the both of you", she shakes our hands again before she disappears into the kitchen.

Shortly after a woman, a man, and a girl walked down the large and expensive looking staircase. They made their way to us and smiled immediately. "Hello Beyoncé, you're much more beautiful in person", I took no offense. "Thank you", I smiled. I shook her hand and I'm guessing her husband's hand. They all kindly greeted me up until I tried to shake the girl's hand. "Hi I'm Beyoncé", I cheesed. Ms. Maraj quickly walked to her and said, "This is my daughter Onika, she's not feeling too well. Excuse her for the time being", she apologized. I smiled and briefly glanced at Onika from time to time.

Amber and Ms. Maraj exchanges conversation while we finished our food. "Why don't you show Beyoncé where she'll be sleeping", she smiled and patted Onika's back. She forcefully smiled and got up from the table wiping the corners of her mouth with a napkin. I followed suit considering she was extremely silent. As we made it up the stair case I tried making conversation. "So what's your deal?", I ask. She looks at me then back down at the ground. "What? No deal here", she scoffs. "Okok I just wanted to talk that's all. You seem different in a way and I like that", I smile. She ignores me and looks at the ground continually. "You know you should really look up more. That's dangerous what you're doing", I say politely. She snaps around and I run into her. "See do you see how dangerous that is?", I smile. She looked at me for a while longer than she had beforehand.

As we walked through the extra long hallways she looked down. She was extremely short, which was cute. "This is it", she says softly. "You don't talk a lot do you?", I ask. "No. And for someone who's parents were murdered you do talk a lot", I frowned. I was sort of sensitive about my parents, that was a low blow. "Ok maybe I deserved that. I apologize", she looks at me. "I should stop being so happy and cheery all the time I know. I just wanted to greet you well and understand you", I speak. She still remained silent as usual as she walked off. "Well I hope you feel better", she stopped by the door. "She looked back and said, "Thanks".

I settled into my room with nothing but a necklace my mom gave me when I was younger. It meant everything to me rather than the materialistic things we had. I'll forever value that necklace it was the last thing I'll have of her in symbol. Amber, the social worker also gifted me five hundred dollars to buy myself something nice. I still didn't know what to buy yet but it'll come around.

"Hey I'm leaving so I'll see you soon ok", she smiled at the door. I had just met Amber but I wanted her to be in my life more, she was nice. "I'll walk you to your car", she nodded. As I walked her to her car Ms. Maraj and Onika followed suit. "I'm going to miss you Miss.", I hugged her tight. Her arms were around my neck because she was shorter than me by a lot. "I'm so happy I met you, you're something else Beyoncé. Enjoy your time here ok and have fun", I closed her car door. As she drove off I felt like I had lost my favorite teddy bear, it was weird.

We all walked into the house and sat the stools by the counter. "So Beyoncé what do you do for fun?", Ms. Maraj asks. "I enjoy playing basketball and watching sports", Onika giggled. "What's funny darling?", Ms. Maraj asks which caused me to look at her as well. "Typical. She has a athlete's body and personality", she mocks. "Well I actually like to sing in my free time as well. And I'm pretty good at the piano if I say so myself", I earn a stare from Onika. "Wow! Really? Onika loves music. She creates these pieces that you could listen to all your life and never get tired of them.", she complemented. "Really?", I ask. "Yes. Matter of fact she could show you a piece right now", she insisted. "Mom no", she whined. "ONika!", her mom Sounded frustrated. "How about I play a piece from this movie I really like", I suggested. "Thanks you", her mom death stares Onika. "I have to see this", Onika giggles. Of course she thought I was some talentless jock or something.

I played The Night We Met by Lord Huron. The piece was beautiful to me. It was the first piece my mother ever taught me so I treasured it. "Beyoncé... I'm at lost for words", she stutters. What surprised me was when I earned genuine claps and a half smile from Onika. "Thank you", I smile. Ms.Maraj smiles at me and I nod my head at her. Her phone rings and she excuses herself. Onika was left standing closer to the piano now. "So", I walk in front of her. "For some immature jock you're kind of talented", she laughs. "Respected", I smile. I didn't know I was immature but It didn't make a difference, I just liked proving people wrong. "So don't you have school or something?", I say looking at my watch. "Yea I just didn't feel good", her eye twitched. She was clearing lying. "Well It'll be my first day of school in weeks", I frown in my head. Schools really weren't my thing why can't we all just fit in. You have to decide to be poplar or a loner. I just liked being Beyoncé which was a bit of both. I wonder how Onika acted at school.

I was now in my room thinking about everything and I didn't like my thoughts. I didn't want revenge so I started to snoop in my new room. I opened the drawers to find clothes that I would wear. Hopefully they were I didn't want to bother The Maraj's anymore than I had. I entered the tech based shower and did my hygiene routine. It was extremely steamy in there so I hurried out. I put my sports bra on and wrapped the towel around my lower body. Someone knocked on my door lightly so I opened it. It was Onika standing there quiet. "Come in", I ushered. I continued to sit on the bed next to her. "So these clothes are mine right", I ask her. She nods and I grab the adidas shorts and a simple top. Onika just sat their looking down.

"Thanks for waiting. Ok what is it", I gave her my full attention. "Thank you. And you need to be ready at six o'clock. If you see me at school don't talk to me, just act like I'm not there", she insisted. I wanted to protest but we weren't friends so I got her point. "Understood", I said softly. "Well if that's all I'd like to get some sleep. I'm exhausted", I groaned. "Ok", she left the room. That girl was something else and I'm going to find her deal someday. But for right now I need to find sleep.