Goodbye

⚠️⚠️⚠️

Yejis POV

"Wake up Chaeryeong~ we have school" I whispered in the ear of a sleeping Chaeryeong. The alarm clock has went off already and I'm surprised she hasn't gotten up yet. She must have been really tired.

"Come on wifey." I say and laugh at my new nickname for her. I climb on top of her and start peppering kisses on her face which usually wakes her up.

Her skin was a little cold but she could have just been cold in her sleep.

I didn't see her move an inch. Usually if I kiss her, I'd see a smile form but this time I see nothing. I was starting to get a little worried.

"Come on Chaerry. This isn't a time for jokes. We'll be late~" I whine. I get up off of her and look at her. Her face looks a little off.

I got off of the bed and went to the side of her. I place my two fingers on the spot between her neck and her chin.

I felt nothing.

"C-Chaeryeong. W-wake up. Please tell me t-this is just a j-joke." I say loudly on the verge of tears. I put my hand by her nose but I don't feel her breath.

When I realized, I let out a loud, high pitch scream.

"What happened?" Chaeyeon unnie said as she barged into the room.

"S-she's not breathing." I say on my knees crying, clinging onto Chaeryeongs arm.

"W-what?" She asked walking towards Chaeryeong. She puts her fingers in the same spot I did and I saw her eyes widen.

"AH CALL THE AMBULANCE." She screamed so I got up in a hurry. I scanned the room looking for my phone and I found it on the nightstand. I picked it up and dialed the numbers.

Hello what's your emergency

MY GIRLFRIEND ISN'T BREATHING. PLEASE SEND SOMEONE QUICKLY.

Calm down ma'am. What's the address?

Xxxxxxxxx.

Thank you. Someone will be there as soon as possible.

"Don't leave me Chaeryeong. Please. I need you to stay. After all we've been through. Don't go" I cried out to the cold body laying in front of me.

Both me and Chaeyeon were crying. I wanted to say something but I couldn't form a proper sentence anymore.

After a few minutes, we heard sirens in the neighborhood and a person knocked on the door. Neither one of us had the strength to get up so they knocked the door down.

They followed the sound of crying and found us here.

"Watch out." One of the medics said walking over to Chaeryeong with a stretcher. They first bent down to check her pulse like the both of us did. We saw him cover his face with his hand.

"I'm so sorry but it looks like she has passed away." He said which made me drop to the floor and start sobbing. My whole world came crumbling down. How could this have happened?

"We'll take her in for farther observation and we'll do an autopsy." Another paramedic said. The two of them picked her up and placed her on the stretcher and strapped her in. I got up quickly and went to hold on to Chaeryeong. I won't believe that she's gone.

"We need you to let go miss." He said but I refused.

"Don't go Chaeryeong. Please. I need you here with me. DONT GO."