My star

Chaeryeongs POV

Ummm... I think I want to propose to Yeji today.

I've been thinking about it a lot and ever since we made up after the accident, I've been even more in love which I never thought was possible. She's just... perfect.

I know we're still kids. Well I am technically. But age is just a number right? I love her and I want to be with her forever. So I'm proposing tonight.

She 'proposed' with the promise ring on Christmas so I'm going to keep the promise and marry her.

I've planned it all out. I'm going to take her on a date tonight to an empty field. Yes it sounds lame but at night, the stars make everything better. I'm going to use the ring my mother gave to me.

I'm hoping she's not expecting it. I don't know how she could.

I'm going to have her drive unfortunately because I'm not allowed to yet. I'll just have to give her directions.

It was almost time for us to leave. She had to help me get ready like she has had to do for the past week. My bones are still not healed but I'm feeling a lot better. I haven't had any anxiety or anything and luckily I haven't had any seizures. My medication is working.
I can walk on my own now. Even upstairs which is huge progress

I'm embarrassed that she has to help me get dressed. I'm so used to her undressing me. Not putting my clothes on.

"Are you ready to go now?" She asked when we were both fully dressed.

"Mmm almost. You can go into the car." I told her while fixing my hair.

"Alright!" She exclaimed and gave me a kiss on my cheek. Every time she does little gestures like that, my knees feel weak. In a good way.

When I heard her leave the house, I 'rushed' to my mothers old room. I hurried to the closet and grabbed the ring. I opened it to make sure everything was fine and it was. It looked great! I'm excited to see it on her finger.

When I head down stairs, i grab my coat and put the box in the pocket. When I went outside, i saw Yeji in her car smiling because of me. She rushed out of the car and came over to me.

"What?" I asked in a light tone.

"Nothing. I'm just helping you. Come on." She said and led me to the car. She opened the passenger side door and helped me get in.

"Thanks." I smiled and she closed the door.

"Ok where are we going?" I heard her ask when she got in.

"Umm. It's a surprise." I say which left her with a confused look.

"How am I supposed to get there then?"

"I'll tell you!" I said

"Uhh ok." She said waiting for me to say the first set of directions.

"Oh... just go straight." I said when she pulled out of the driveway.

Pretty much the whole way was straight. Unlike us.

"We're here!" I exclaimed when we passed by an empty field.

"What? Where?"

"Right there." I say pointing to the field with my one arm. She stopped the car abruptly and parked it

"Please elaborate." She asked still confused about where we are.

"I wanted to stargaze with you." I say a little bit shyly.