What the Hell? ~Zane POV

"Get her out of here...Now!" Richard growled as he grabbed ahold of me with all his might.

The warriors rushed into the room reaching Shelly's lifeless and motionless body on the floor, as a warrior reached to slide his arms beneath her, I threw Richard further down the room as he crashed into the far wall, I spun and darted for the warrior who touched my mate. I sent him flying across the room crashing into the end table on the other side of the bed. I pulled Shel to my chest as something within me began to feel as though everything touching my flesh was scorching me, causing me to itch...I have to get my clothes off.

"Slash, itch, burn." A silent cry came through the link.

I knew exactly what she was talking about because I am feeling the same thing, the driving feeling to shed everything that touched my skin outside of my mate. I growled low as I slipped my fingers into the front of her tank top tearing it from her body and tossing it to the floor. Feeling the sensation intensify my breathing turned into shallow pants as I struggled to slide two fingers into the front band of her jeans extending my claws and shredding the front of them open as I finished removing them. Feeling the pure need to have her flesh on mine I crushed her into my bare flesh cradling the back of her neck.

"Come back to me my soul, please I can not live without you!" Slash called out in a heartbroken whimper.

A few tears slid down my cheek. I have never cried before but this single she-wolf has brought this big bad wolf to his knees...I will do anything for her! I noticed a few tears dripping onto her cheek when I felt it. Her chest began pressing against mine then receding, I felt as though my heart would stop, she's breathing! I buried my face in her neck as I proceeded to plead with her to come back to me and swore no female shall ever touch what is hers again! Her mouth parted gasping for breath as I felt her slowly nuzzle her head against my head. She's responding to me.

It ignited my hopes and I hope it does not fade away too soon! As my face remained at her throat, her hand reached up to touch the back of my head after a few torturous minutes. A gentle tug was felt in my hair as her fingers laced within it. A glance up revealed her eyes open, but something was different. An ominous growl echoed within her and my heart clenched. Pain shot through me as an ominous growl echoed within her. My jaw was clenched tightly to prevent an audible sound of pain. I heard that downright evil growl, which had escaped from me earlier, and my mate was responding to it... What is going on? What happened to us?

Shel's growl grew louder as she peered deep within my eyes; I could sense something awakening, something that cannot be contained, something deadly! A sense of worry for my friend and my warriors and hers coursed through my mind as my body screamed in pain, muscles tightening and twitching as it seemed as if something was trying to eviscerate me. My Beta and all the guards, along with her guards and Ester, were looking at us, which enraged me!

"Mine!" I growled out deep, gruff, full of hate and pure rage.

As I felt the eyes on us fade away, my beautiful pale-faced mate's eyes bore into mine and her pants for breath were concerning.

"What's happening to me?" She cried out in a whisper.

"I don't know but it's not just you my soul...I feel it also." I struggled to get the words out without groaning from the pain.

I know she is a newly shifted werewolf, but this isn't that feeling. This is something vengeful, full of rage and hatred. That is the only way I can describe what is happening within us. Concern for my mate coursing through me as my thoughts went to...would she stop breathing again? Would I truly lose my mate after all? My mind raced wondering if this could have been caused by something else supernatural. Honestly, I would be naïve if I believed we were the only supernatural species out there. Could I have pissed someone off somewhere in the past that may want vengeance on me, on us?

My mind pulled at any and all thoughts regardless of how irrational or fanciful they were, none were brazened enough to cross my path out of fear I would destroy them without thinking twice. Yes, I have earned that fear from others. I have taken over many packs and my hands are not free of others' blood...not in the least. Mind you I would never tell my mate I have shed enough to most likely fill a lake of blood from the blood I have spilt throughout my years as an Alpha. 

"Alpha, we need to get out of this place before someone comes up, too much noise has been made!" Richard called out to me.

I knew he was right but the only thing I want to do is collapse with my mate against me, bare and tight to my naked body. As the pain surged through me with a vengeance, I knew he was right, but it was draining my strength as I panted trying to keep myself upright with my mate against me. How would we get out of here naked, both of us? I am not putting any clothes on me, and no one is touching my mate!

"How? Her skin remains against mine!" I growled out at him.

"Sure, you aren't trying to work with me or to make this easy, are you? I know you don't want anyone to see my sister naked, so how?" Richard questioned me sounding irritated.

"My Mate, Mine!" I growled out.

He can think me irrational all he wants, but I refuse to put anything between my mate and me! 

"We have enough warriors to go out as we surround you both shielding you from any onlookers that may be around, but we would see you and my sister. You I have seen naked a million times, but my sister...you will kill everyone! The only way would wrap a blanket around you both together, then escort you both out between the warriors. Is that acceptable?" Richard posed.

I growled knowing something would be touching us but perhaps his words should be heeded knowing someone was bound to come check if everything was alright in the suite. I growled knowing this was the only way, but I want to be alone with my mate in a vehicle!

"Get a vehicle here for only her and I, and a warrior to drive." I growled low.

I heard him sigh in frustration but now he has his own mate to worry about and no one was coming close to my mate...not even Chad!