Unbelievable

My head throbbing as the sharp pain surged through my skull, Ester's stitching hurt more than I had expected but as she was almost done, she touched a spot that sent me over the edge. I cried out as I clung to Zane tighter as I winced making Ester's hand falter as I instinctually yanked away from what was causing the pain. I buried my face deep into Zane's neck breathing in his scent trying to calm myself. The suture yanked as I screamed out louder as my head pulsated without realizing it, I bit down onto Zane's neck as he groaned out as I felt his blood trickle out onto my tongue.

"Mm...couldn't wait to make me my soul?" He half moaned and chuckled out.

I released my bite as I began running my tongue along the bitemark on his neck as my core began to heat as his touch was causing me to lose my senses.

"I am so sorry Shel; I know it hurts." She whispered out.

She attempted again and it sent me over the edge as I snarled then yanked my head away as a vicious growl ripped through me. I heard Zane's heartrate quicken as a malevolent growl vibrated through him escaping his lips and it was directed at my best friend. Ester took several steps backwards as her eyes grew wide as we both were growling at her. Several guards realized what was occurring and grabbed Ester and yanked her away putting themselves in between her and us.

"You need to stay away from her...for now! He won't hesitate in killing you for hurting her even if it was not meant to hurt her. When it comes to her, he does not think rationally. His wolf is insane when it comes to her!" Richard informed her.

Ester nodded to the werewolf who now stood in human form. I hadn't noticed he had shifted to his human form. I heard a gasp from Ester as he took a deep breath in as a small whine escaped from her. Wait...what? She has never had that reaction to anything before as I heard a low rumbling coming from the male who had just spoken to her.

"My soul, he is growling at E, please don't let him hurt her!" I pleaded.

"Mine!" Rumbled through the link to Zane.

In that moment Zane grinned widely as he held me tighter to his body and kissed the top of my head as I nuzzled deeper into his hot hard flesh.

"Love, he will not hurt her considering she is his!" He whispered calmly through the link.

My head shot up to look at him in the eyes as they widened in shock at the realization of his words. Richard was Ester's mate; how will that work if he is Beta to Zane? I let all that new information slide away as I rested my head back down onto his chest breathing him in deeply.

"Love, may I see what still needs to be done regarding your wound? I will complete it if need be." He whispered.

I nodded my head trusting him with every cell of my being as he slid me off his lap onto the soft cushion of the couch as he stood upright. Wow, he is so tall and muscular...talk about drool worthy. I giggled to myself knowing I am no better than a schoolgirl chasing the most magnificent male out there...but he is Mine! I felt his fingers probing looking for the wound when I heard a small gasp from him. Does this mean it is still really bad?

"Love, she sutured up part of it, but it looks like this section which really needs to be closed is still open and bleeding. I will need to close it... forgive me." He whispered as I heard his voice break through our link.

I nodded my head thinking he was going to just stitch it up the way we are right now. My mistake!

"Richard, get something on...have your mate fetch you some pants because you are not holding my mate while you are naked!" He ordered.

"Alpha, um eww!" He spat back.

I don't know why but that comment hurt me making me question myself, do others see me as unattractive? Am I really an EWW factor, I never thought I was? I sighed as I became confused and unsettled. My head sank lower as my face sank at the mere idea, I was not attractive and appealing.

"Stop my soul...you are the most magnificent I have ever seen!" He whispered.

I peered up seeing Richard gaze at me with a confused expression then his face contorted as if he just had a realization. He slipped on the shorts E got for him and walked over slowly knowing how protective Zane was at the moment.

"May I hold her, Alpha, while you finish the sutures?" Richard inquired.

Zane nodded his head as Richard approached warily knowing his Alpha was over the top when it came to his mate. I heard Ester's breath hitch as Richard grew closer to me. I am sure she didn't want her new mate touching me and I honestly didn't want him touching me either. I moved as Richard sat onto the couch and opened his arms instructing me to sit on his lap. I looked up to my mate with wide eyes and how did he intend on me sitting on him? I felt panic begin to build within me. I did not want to have to straddle his Beta let alone this male who just said eww about me!

"As much as I don't like it, I need you to straddle his lap my soul." He grumbled out with distain.

I gasped as I began shaking my head. No, I don't want to feel this male against my thighs and well...yeah, I don't think so! Richard leaned forward growing closer to me as I tried to pull away. He quickly grasped the back of my neck pulling my face closer to his own.

"The only reason I said eww is because you're my Alpha's mate and my big sister!" He whispered in my ear.

I gasped and looked up quickly squinting my eyes at him. There is no way he could be my baby brother because my father was killed, and my mother was taken and most likely killed also. Wait! Does this mean my mom is alive somewhere? Chills shot up my spin as my mind began running wild trying to make sense of the information I had just been given.

"My brother?" I trembled out.

"Yes, you are my sister Shelly." He spoke again.

I shook my head frantically not believing his words as panic began surging through me. Why is he lying to me?

"You can't be my brother my dad was savagely killed, and my mom was taken, and we believe she was killed but never could locate her body!" I cried out.

"I will not deny the situation is messed up Shel, but I am your brother...our mother is still alive." He informed me.

I felt the pain in my head increase as panic surged through me just as strong as the pain while small black dots scattered within my vision as my breath hitched. Everything began to go black as my body went limp.