Chapter 5 ~ Freedom

"Come on Shelly, it has been two years since you were there. You had all your things there and yes, I hear how you sob in your sleep about how you left the things you had of your moms and dads. Why don't we go and swing by there while we are in the area? I know we have a long trip ahead of us, but dad is giving us the freedom to go and enjoy our spring break. We can go there and grab your stuff then we are out of there. How about it?" Ester asked.

        "I don't want to see him, yet I so want the things I had of moms and dads. Damnit, fine but you're going to be with me every minute. I don't want to be left alone with Mr. Lying Alpha. I really would like some of the pictures of them so I can put it in our apartment. I can't believe I am eighteen now, and my brother told me that I would know when I turned eighteen. Well, I am and the only reason I know anything about packs, and such is because of you and your dad." I mumbled out.

        I stood in front of our bathroom mirror my long black hair draping over my shoulders as my pale skin and dark eyes stared back at me. I grinned as I finished putting my makeup on, I have grown a lot since I left the pack. I have...well matured in all the right places. I know Ester had already shifted last year and I should be shifting this year, but I so don't want to think about it. I was with Ester when she shifted rubbing her back and trying to calm her down as she screamed out in agony as her bones were breaking and forming into her wolf form. All I can hope is that it holds off until we finish our trip...as I said a silent little prayer to the moon goddess to let me hold off my shift. I saw Ester behind me in the mirror waiting for a definite answer from me about going to collect some of my thing, if not all of them. I do not want to be back there but I will do this so I can have a small piece of my mom and dad.

        "Fine...we will stop there but it is to be really fast, so we are speed packing...deal?" I asked her.

        "Deal!" She squealed.

        I have had two years with no worries about my brother or who went after my parents. Yes, of course it is in the back of my mind all the time, but I focused on becoming an attorney. What do you think I am not capable of being one? I know I am two years in and have many more to go but in the long run I find it is worth it. It means I can bring justice to those who did hurt my family and to others who have had their families hurt throughout the years. I will stand up for those who have been forgotten...my parents ARE NOT FORGOTTEN! Sorry it is still a touchy subject for me, with what truly happened to them being hidden from me my whole life. I sighed knowing I must also do several papers and research papers that will be due two weeks after I arrive back at school. I began packing my clothes into a few bags along with packing my laptop and my books. I will not let my work fall behind because I am on a mission to help others where I wasn't helped gaining any satisfaction with my parent's murders.

        As I put a few pair of nice heals into my bag I looked up to see Ester fully packed sitting on the couch texting someone. She has been doing that a lot lately, I am not sure who she has been texting but every time she does, she has a huge smile of her face as her eyebrows raise from time to time. I do hope whoever it is will be worthy of such a special person. She has been so happy lately; I know I have heard her on the phone speaking with someone and it sounded as if they had made plans to meet up while we are away on break. I just hoped the person would be honest and real with her, she deserves that. Yet, with her so happy talking to this mystery man it made me think about if I would ever find my destined mate. I have learned all about the moon goddess and how mates are destined to be with one another forsaking all others. What is the chance that actually happens, I bet if they aren't found right after they shift that those people sleep around and either tell their mates if found that it was just in the past. To me that would hurt knowing that your mate had been with others, I won't say I am not a jealous person because indeed I am. I do long to find my mate, someone who will love me for me and cherish me like I would them. Yet, with my luck I never will find my mate. I sighed thinking about it as Ester noticed my expression sink at the thought of never finding my mate.