Chapter 8. Work for them

Jimin POV:

"... and this is the last evidence we have." The officer was finished finally and I was near falling asleep. How can someone speak this slow and boring.
"Yah!" Suddenly he hit the table and that made me wake up again. I snapped my eyes open and looked up at him.

"This is really important! We have already found a lot, it could help

"This is really important! We have already found a lot, it could help." He said pissed but I wasn't in the mood for his bullshit.
"It's not helping at all to tell me some bullshit. I'm about to fall asleep you are that lame." I hissed at him and he placed his hands on his hips.
"Well what else do you want me to do?" The officer asked me and I rolled my eyes.
"That's the point. I don't want you to do anything. What your telling me, doesn't make any sense. The theories you came up with are bullshit and it is just the complete opposite of what actually is going on." I explain a bit loud and I could see an him that he got uncomfortable.
"Give me all the papers and pictures and I will figure it out on my own. God you are going on my nerves. I'm not a team player whatsoever." I said. Well I was once but that was in the past. For a second he said nothing and just looked down at the folders in front of him and then back at me. After a long break he finally spoke.
"Alright. As long as you help I don't care. I will make some copies. Stay here." He said and walked off to copy. I still couldn't believe myself that I was actually going to help the police. Not even in my worst nightmare have I ever imagined that I would be sitting here trying to figure out who kills people as a help for the police. I must have gone insane. The officer came back and threw a folder in front of me on the desk. I opened it and in there where indeed copies of all the evidences and pictures they have found. I looked through them a little but then closed them again.
"Well, it will take a while just so you know." I told him and he rolled his eyes.
"Yeah I could guess that. You can go home BUT for now you will be here everyday at 8 in the morning to help us with the investigation. Just as if you would be working here but you're paying is your freedom." He smirked at me and I could guess that he was waiting for me to make a bad comment. But I held myself back.
"Okay." Was all I said. It did take him by surprise. He was speechless for a minute.
"Oh...well...good." He stuttered and I smirked.

You wanted to make me feel uncomfortable but it was the other way around dickhead

"Have a good night officer." I said sarcastically and started walking out of the police station with the folder in my hand. It was still not that late but I could already see the sun going down. I was so tired of all this shit. It felt like I had been in the prison for at least a week. Even though I was there only for the night. I walked back to my apartment and was glad to finally be back home.
"Thank God." I threw the folder on my desk and jumped into my bed.
"Finally a comfortable mattress." I said already with closed eyes and wiggled around in bed making myself comfortable.
"I could fall asleep right away." I spoke but soon after I had to get back to reality.
"But I can't. Let's go through those stupid papers." I got up and sat down aty desk. As I open the folder first thing that caught my eyes was a picture. There was a man on it with his throat slit up and an H on his chest. For a second I chuckled.

"They obviously want the police to know that they did it

"They obviously want the police to know that they did it. But that means even if the police find out who they are, they could never find their location. There is no other explanation." I explain to myself while I looked through the other photos.
"There is no way that it's the mafia or something like this. They kill in a more painful ways and before that, they torture their victims for months. These businessmen were killed the same night they disappeared." I continued as I read one of the entries which sad that it may be the mafia.
"How stupid can they be. If the mafia did it the police would never find the bodies. They are working very precise and don't make any mistakes. Well it is only obvious when your had some stuff to do with the mafia and, well I did." I struck the mafia out on the paper without thinking twice. It was obvious. In just a minute I managed to get further than they in weeks. After going through the papers for another 2 hours I got bored.
"Done with this shit for today." I got up in walked over to my kitchen. Just then a though hit me.
"Fuck I don't have beer." I cursed and walked over to my shoes. Once again up to the store. After all my beer got destroyed. I walked out of the apartment really annoyed because I wasn't in the mood to go out at all. But I need my beer. Let's see what's going on in the outside world. I did get a taste yesterday and it wasn't really encouraging.