Finale || اِختتام

Start from the beginning

Acknowledging the phone's powered off condition was enough to restrain the girl back from ringing her husband.

Doubts had once again clouded her rational thoughts.

"Agar unhay ghussa hua tau?" An agonising thought chose to slide in her mind right on the moment.

A whole night had passed by since the incident with Badar Shah. Anabiya hadn't received a single news regarding the Sardar family and it was mainly because her own decision to let the phone remain switched off.

The complexity of the situation forced her to submit to her fears.

The swirling issue of her dreams weren't to be ignored as well. The fact that all of her past dreams blurred through the lines of her memory whenever a new one surfaced, never ceased to put her nerves in confusion.

The pattern seemed so unbelievably odd.

It wasn't long till last night's dream started smearing in her mind as well.

Anabiya let out a frustrated breath while trying to remember what she had seen last night. She was aware that the whole fiasco wasn't something pleasant to recall but for some reason it felt significant.

He hadn't managed to find a way back to her and it was her this time who sought him.

After a mighty struggle against the obstacles of false reality, she completely erased their distances.

It seemed as if the earlier injuries had taken a severe number on him. He was sitting on the muddy ground right on the edge of a precipice. His head was lowered as if intently observing his own wounds.

Anabiya rushed to him without a second thought. As soon as she neared him, a firm manly arm reached out to hold her back. "Pagal larki, girnay ka iraada hai kya?"

Her mouth opened in clear surprise. He looked so much in pain yet the usual confident smile was still present on his face.

"Jalal?" She ignored his concern over her own. Her worried eyes were too busy running over his battered body.

Jalal Shah as if sensing her unease, let out a deep chuckle. As if trying to avert her attention from his pain. "Ohho kuch nahi hai yeh. Bilkul theek hun mein!"

Anabiya looked at him in bewilderment.

He had either grown numb by the injuries that he couldn't even sense his own terribly wounded state or maybe he just wanted to relieve her off her stress.

Whatever the case might be, his content expression simply put her into further trauma.

How could someone be in such a direful position yet manage to sound as calm and serene as possible?

The man was undoubtedly an enigma himself.

With a heart that held assemblages of all possible contrarieties. It's qualities were unfathomable, barren of all weaknesses. The spirit of his heart always remained preserved along with all of its intensive passions.

Regardless of his sensibility, the girl was aware that her dreams rarely made sense to her own comprehension.

They acted as a bandaid. Placed over her most painful of bruises and then ripped off mercilessly whenever she was at her lowest.