۲۴

بے بسی

𝐁𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐢: 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
noun: powerlessness revealed by an
inability to act.

عِشق کو پی جا، عِشق کو اُتار اندر
تو باقی نہ رہے، رہے بس یار اندر۔

𝗜𝘀𝗵𝗾 𝗸𝗼 𝗽𝗲𝗲 𝗷𝗮, 𝗜𝘀𝗵𝗾 𝗸𝗼 𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿
𝗧𝘂 𝗯𝗮𝗮𝗸𝗶 𝗻𝗮 𝗿𝗮𝗵𝗮𝘆, 𝗿𝗮𝗵𝗮𝘆 𝗯𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗮𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿

• • •

THE GIRL WOKE UP TO THE LOUD SCREAMS OF FALAK. SHE QUICKLY WORE HER SLIPPERS AND DUPATTA TO RUSH OUTSIDE. A gasp left out of her lips as the view came to her sight.

It was Hassan.

Miserably beaten to pulp, he was thrown to the ground by a guard. Anabiya's eyes zeroed over the man standing by the spectacle with a blank look on his face, his gaze trained on Hassan as well.

"Bhai aap aisay kesay kar saktay hain?!" Falak cried out, hot tears continued running down her face.

Hassan couldn't manage to move an inch or even feel his limbs at all. Every part of his now bruised body hurt badly.

Jalal Shah's eyes soullessly observed the scene.

Anabiya could see the red rimmed eyes and the lost look on his face, a part of her heart started aching involuntarily. "Mein aap ko kabhi maaf nahi karu gi bhai, kabhi nahi!" Falak's tears paused as she took a deep breath before screaming out loud, venomously.

Jalal Shah's brain had stopped comprehending surroundings since last night.

He wasn't able to sleep at all, a gnawing feeling continued making him more and more miserable. He didn't went after Anabiya at all, but even if he did, he was aware that he'd have absolutely no explanation for his impulsive behaviour of last night.

He had forgotten the anger for Hassan and Falak as the new problem settled in. Hours passed by and the first thing he did early in the morning was to call the inspector and free Hassan. He couldn't understand himself how had he forgotten about Hassan in all of his rage.

He couldn't ever even think of hurting his boy. The one he had nurtured himself but his ego had won over his emotions.

"Dafa hojao yahan say, gairat hui tau ainda baad meray saamnay aanay ki himmat mat karna aur ...

... aur issay bhi sath le jao" He forcefully took out his words while addressing Hassan.

Jalal Shah didn't stay in his position after grunting out his words and turned around to leave when his eyes connected with the girl standing upstairs.
He tried searching for any kind of coalition but Anabiya on the other hand was furious.