۳۶

شاہِ مات

𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐡 𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐚𝐭: 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞
noun: a chess move against the opponent's
king or an instant defeat.

کچھ تو تیرے موسم ہی مجھے راس کم آۓ
اور کچھ میری مٹی میں بغاوت بھی بہت تھی۔

𝗞𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗮𝘂 𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗮𝗺 𝗵𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝗷𝗵𝗮𝘆 𝗿𝗮𝗮𝘀 𝗸𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝘆𝗲
𝗔𝘂𝗿 𝗸𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶 𝗺𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶 𝗺𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗯𝗮𝗴𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗮𝘁 𝗯𝗵𝗶 𝗯𝗼𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶.

• • •

THE ENCHANTRESS'S BEAUTY WAS OTHERWORLDLY, A MYRIAD OF BEAUTIFUL MINIMALIST COLOURS adorned her evening dress, while delicate pale fingers gripped the diaphanous peach cloth of her bridal dupatta.

Noor carefully held the height of propriety.

The day of the Walima came sooner than everyone had imagined. Still, the elders were fluent to make sure of every necessary arrangement.

Noor loved the decor, everything was captivating her with its beauty. The helpers had certainly done a wonderful job with the lavish perfectly coordinated decorations.

She had spent two days while selecting a dress as it was hard to find something that wasn't too much ostentatiously extravagant but instead held more of a simplistic approach as her pregnancy couldn't support much weight.

And she finally managed to find an attire embellished with gorgeous peach and silver hues.

Some of the village maidens were awestruck by her minimal make up and clothing while the others became busy on discussing why had the bridal chosen such a light dress for her big day.

Amna teared up a little while watching her daughter make her way down the stairs.

Benazir passed Noor a soft smile to which she returned with a beaming one of her own while Zareena made a quick prayer under her breath of Noor and her son's happiness.

They had adjusted the stage inside Haveli but out in the garden. The event was of evening as it usually became cold during the nightly hours and Daryab Khan didn't want Noor to fall sick.

The exquisite light set up as well as the neutral palette floral accents all around the vast garden was creating a bewitching sight, the guests were stunned by the grandeur.

Amna walked Noor to the single-step stage and settled her down on the large sofa, the girl was feeling a little jittery but her nerves were finally put to rest as soon as she saw a very confident Daryab Khan make his towards her.