٣

دشوار

𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐫: 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞
noun: demanding considerable
mental effort.

صحرا کو بہت ناز ہے ویرانی پہ اپنی
واقف نہیں شاید مرے اجڑے ہوۓ گھر سے۔

- 𝗦𝗲𝗵𝗿𝗮 𝗸𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗮𝗮𝘇 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝘃𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗽𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗽𝗻𝗶
𝗪𝗮𝗾𝗶𝗳 𝗻𝗮𝗵𝗶 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝘂𝗷𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝘂𝗮𝘆 𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗿 𝘀𝗮𝘆.

• • •

THE RED BRICKED HAVELI WAS SO QUIET THAT IT FELT AS IF NO SOUL LIVED HERE. Women of the haveli were busy in their respective works whereas the men of the family still hadn't arrived.

The haveli had it's own identification and respect in the area because of the family living in it. It was beautifully decorated with low lit lanterns in contrast to the red walls. A small pale coloured fountain in the middle of the garden with green grass surrounding it

Anna was sitting on a charpai set in the middle of the lawn with a tasbeeh tied around her hands and a prayer chant constant on her lips. She suddenly motioned Rukhsana to open the doors of her room without saying a word, which Rukhsana complied to hurriedly.

Anna had been sitting here for hours so she finally decided to finally get up and left for her khawab gah to sleep.

Anabiya was ironing clothes when Bukhtawara barged right in the room. "Tum nay meray Kapray istiri kiye thay? Wadrega, Ma ta ghwag sha Anabiya!. Jaan booj kar jalaya dupatta heina?" She screamed at her and pulled her arm from the iron stand to drag her out of the room. [Stop, Listen to me]

"Makawa Bukhtawara baaji" Anabiya pleaded in a small voice while trying to free herself.
[please don't do this]

She dragged her out and started loudly calling out everyone. Gul bano came running downstairs behind Zareena. Zareena rushed forward to ask her daughter why was she shouting and calling everyone so Bukhtawara informed her how Anabiya purposely ruined her dress.

Zareena started scolding Anabiya harshly as Gul bano stood behind knowingly smirking. She had burned the dupatta and just wanted to see some drama.

Anabiya refused to accept that she burnt the dupatta. Her adamant posture infuriated Zareena so she grasped her arm and dug her nails into it. Anabiya felt the pain and tried to move away.

Tears were running down her face and the intense pain was making her unable to even make a sound of protest.

Zareena left her arm with a hard push and raised her hand to slap her on her face when Amna gripped her wrist midway.

"Hath....mat lagana meri beti ko ainda, samjhi?!"

Amna could bear anything on herself but seeing her daughter go through the same monstrosity she couldn't help herself but intervene authoritatively. Anabiya rushed behind her mother. Zareena and Gul bano were stunned.