۱۷

تبسم

𝐓𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐦: 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞
adv: an facial expression showing
pleasure and amusement.

حیا سے سر جھکا لینا ادا سے مسکرا دینا
حسینوں کو بھی کتنا سہل ہے بجلی گِرا دینا۔

- 𝗛𝗮𝘆𝗮 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗿 𝗷𝗵𝘂𝗸𝗮 𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗮, 𝗮𝗱𝗮𝗮 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗸𝘂𝗿𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗮
𝗛𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗼 𝗸𝗼 𝗯𝗵𝗶 𝗸𝗶𝘁𝗻𝗮 𝘀𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝗯𝗶𝗷𝗹𝗲𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗮.

• • •

THE SOUND OF GRAVEL AND DEAD LEAVES CRUNCHING ENTERED ANABIYA'S EARS as she saw the ruggedly sculpted man lock the car and make his way towards her.

She stood holding the chadar firmly to herself and Jalal Shah strengthened an arm forward to motion her to move before he started to follow her behind.

An elderly man quickly rushed out of the house followed by two three boys. "Assalam u Alaikum Chotay Saeen, aap ka hee intezar kar rahay thay ham!" The elderly man opened the door as the couple entered the beautifully lit house.

A little crowd of girls and women were plopped down on the floor, singing songs with the dhol and as soon as they saw the main guests arrive, they quickly got up and left the lounge.

Anabiya sat down on the sofa and started looking around the room with a little smile, the whole room was decorated with mesmerising strings of roses.

Jalal shah waited for his wife to become seated on the sofa before settling down himself next to her, placing an arm behind her on the backrest of the sofa, he lazily relaxed his one leg over another.

Anabiya's appreciation train was cut short right after becoming aware of the proximity and she took a shaky breath.

"Aapki aamad nay chaar chand laga diye hain hamaray ghareeb khanay ko Sardar Sahab!" The man with white hair beamed at Jalal Shah, clearly not able to digest the factual presence of the him.

"Mushtaq Sahab, waada kiya tha aapsay. Waaday ka bohut paa band hun mein!"

A hand placed under his chin and the light upward stroke was constant as an arrogant smile played under the moustache of Jalal Shah.

A women came in hurriedly, passing Salams to the handsome couple seated on the sofa, the wife of Mushtaq sat down oppositely to them right next to her husband.

"Masha'Allah, Sardar Saeen ki biwi bhi unki shaan kay mutabiq haseen hain!" Samina sent a large smile
towards Anabiya who returned the smile but with an addition of the crimson colour on her face.

The statement involuntarily caused the smile to shift into an smirk on Jalal Shah's face.

"Yeh tau meray Allah ka karam hai mujh pey! warna meri hesiyat inkay muqabil tau kuch nahi"