۷

تکلف

𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐟: 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
noun: an etiquette requiring
social deportment.

بتا کر نام ہم کو زندگی کا
گلے میں طوق پہنایا گیا ہے۔

- 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝗮 𝗸𝗮𝗿 𝗻𝗮𝗮𝗺 𝗵𝘂𝗺 𝗸𝗼 𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗴𝗶 𝗸𝗮
𝗚𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗮𝘂𝗾 𝗽𝗲𝗵𝗻𝗮𝘆𝗮 𝗵𝘂𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝗶.

• • •

THE GIRL MADE HER WAY TOWARDS THE PITCH BLACK NIGHT AFTER LEAVING THE BEAUTIFULLY LIT HAVELI. She couldn't be distracted from the grave emptiness that was flat through her. Her heart pumping furiously along with betraying tears running down her face.

With her face hidden completely with the chadar, no guard could recognise her. She kept on hurriedly walking away and away from her prison. Only after crossing the second and the main gate of the haveli did she take a stop to take in the fresh smell of freedom.

The alleys outside were dirty, wet concrete floors, raw and monochrome sky that felt as if it were clawing her.

Everything seemed so unknown to her.

She remembered how speedily their cars used to run along these streets. She never used to get time to become aware of her surroundings. Perhaps the most free time she ever got was inside the walls of her college.

They were never allowed to visit their friends houses and the friends themselves didn't protrude in their businesses. She kept on moving her legs to wherever they took her.

Anabiya almost chocked on her breath when she saw a dark silhouette of Batoor Khan at the corner under the street light. It's too dark here. He can't recognise me, calm down.

Batoor Khan was standing next to 2 guys and this was more than enough to frighten Anabiya.

She kept on walking monotonously whilst feeling chills surround her entire body. Batoor Khan lift his gaze from one of his friend and took in appearance of a girl walking ahead with her back towards them. He started whistling lowly.

Batoor Khan started walking behind her with his friends. Anabiya could feel his gaze drilling holes behind her head.

His friends were singing some cheap songs and the sound was piercing through her ears.

Her palms started becoming sweaty. The hand she was using to hold her chadar cover her face, felt clammy. Things were becoming unbearable for her.

It only took her a single "Aye larki" of Batoor Khan for Anabiya to dismantle completely

She tripped down over a small brick in the way. God, could she be more clumsier?. The scratch made her release an ouch that suddenly alerted Batoor Khan.

"Anabiya?"

He called out as if asking her. That was the last straw, Anabiya started running and seeing her run was enough to answer his question so he confusedly and quickly started following her.