۲۸

تلخ

𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐡: 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
noun; something unpleasant, marked by strong resentment or cynicism.

کُج اُنج وی راہاواں اوکھیاں سن
کُج گلے وِچ غم دا طوق وی سی
کُج شہر دے لوگ وی ظالم سن
کُج سھانوں مرن دا شوق وی سی۔

𝑲𝒖𝒋𝒋 𝒖𝒏𝒋 𝒗𝒊 𝒓𝒂𝒉𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒌𝒉𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒏
𝑲𝒖𝒋𝒋 𝒈𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒈𝒉𝒂𝒎 𝒅𝒂 𝒕𝒂𝒖𝒒 𝒗𝒊 𝒔𝒊
𝑲𝒖𝒋𝒋 𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒓 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒈 𝒗𝒊 𝒛𝒂𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒂𝒏
𝑲𝒖𝒋𝒋 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒌 𝒗𝒊 𝒔𝒊.

[It was partly because the path was difficult
there was also a noose of sorrow around my neck
It was partly because the people were cruel
And also I was attracted to death.]

• • •

THE WOMAN WAS BUSILY WATERING THE PLANTS WHEN SOMETHING PECULIAR CAUGHT HER EYE, It was Dilainoor, she was rushing inside the haveli as if following someone in hurry.

Gul bano quickly placed the hose on ground before wiping her hands with a cloth and sneakily moving inside to check the spectacle.

Daryab Khan entered his room and threw his phone on the bed, deep in frustration.

Dilainoor was tensed, she had heard Daryab Khan attend a call and receive news regarding Jalal Shah and her heart had picked up its pace.

"Daryab kya baat hui hai? Jeeju theek tau hain?" She hesitantly asked out.

"Samajhta kya hai akhir khud ko wo shaks?!

Usko lagta hai kay ham par haavi parh sakta hai! Khushi tau mil gayi mujhay, jo chahta tha wo mil gya lekin uss ki khud ki bina par, nafrat hogayi hai mujhay Jalal Shah say!" Daryab Khan growled out his words venomously

And Noor started feeling claustrophobic all of a sudden. "K-kya b-bol rahay hain aap? Jeeju Kidhar hain Daryab?" She cried out.

"Jidhar hai wahan say ab khud Allah hee bachaye tau baat banay,

lekin Insha'Allah, phansi charhay ga Jalal Shah!" His inhuman statement paled Noor. She looked at him all mutely while the man didn't even bother meeting her gaze.

"Aap hosh Mein tau hain na Daryab? Soch bhi nahi sakti thi mein kay aap itnay gir jaye gay!" She spoke out lowly while continuing to eye him.

Daryab Khan whipped his head towards her. "Dil tumhay Meinay hazaar dafa samjhaya hai meray maamlon mein mat bola karo!"