An Escaped Star Spirit

Back up in Peach's castle, Peach was pacing back and forth with a bored look on her. But her thoughts were interrupted when Bowser barged into her room.

"Hello, my Peach," he said trying to be charismatic, "How're you doing? If there's anything that makes me happy, is a smile from you."

Peach just turned around in a huff and crossed her arms.

"Unless you turn everything back to how it was, you'll keep getting this bad mood from me, monster!" she yelled, "You've imprisoned all the guests in this castle! You are the single greatest disaster to ever befall on the Mushroom Kingdom!"

"You want to make me happy? Fix this whole mess you started before you showed up!" she requested.

"Now that's rich!" Bowser chuckled, "Didn't you hear me before? I can't grant that! Those jerks Mario and Luigi, and their goonies beat the Koopa Bros. and Tutankoopa! They may be wimps, but they were still loyal to me. I won't forgive them for disrespecting me!"

"Well, I think it's good they stopped them," Peach commented, "Because by now, they saved two Star Sprits!"

"Well, I'm nipping the bud right now. I'm unleashing the Invincible Tubba Blubba on them. He's the strongest creature I know... after me. You'd best forget about Mario..."

"Your Nastiness! We have a problem!" Kammy ran to Bowser in a panic.

"Kammy, what's gotten you so riled up? You look upset," Bowser asked with concern before Kammy whispered in his ear.

"Whaaaat?! The Star Spirit flew away from Tuba Blubba's castle?!" he shouted unaware Peach heard everything.

"King Bowser! Please, keep your voice down!" said Kammy, "Princess Peach is right behind you!"

"very well. Tell me the details over there," Bowser and Kammy left Peach's room as Twink came out of his hiding spot.

"Twink, did you hear that?" Peach asked.

"Yes! I sure did! the Star Spirit must've escaped," Twink took a second to think it over, "Didn't he say that Tubba Blubba thing was 'invincible'? That doesn't sound good! Do you think Mario and Luigi can win?"

"We'd better try to find out about Tubba Blubba," said Peach, "If we could find something, ANYTHING, it might save Mario and Luigi!"

Twink agreed on this and activated the secret exit leading into the study. As Peach slowly opened the Study door, she saw Koopatrols walking around the floor with flashlights.

"We can't let these guards see us," she whispered to Twink.

When they left the study, the princess cling to the wall to avoid detection. She then went into the closest door and went inside. It led to the library full of long bookshelves. There was also some Koopatrols patrolling. After some sneaking around, Peach was able to get in on a Hammer Bro. and a Koopatrtol having a private conversation.

"Hey. Have you heard about Master Tubba Blubba?" the Hammer Bro. asked, "Rumor has it, that he loves eating ghosts!"

"Ghosts, huh? Doesn't he live deep in Forever Forest? I think he's guarding one of the Star Spirits right now," said the Koopatrol.

"He lives in the castle, at the top of Gusty Gulch," the Hammer Bro. corrected, "I heard that somewhere near his castle is a mansion and village full of ghosts. I guess he goes there to catch some Boos. And I'm talking about the Boos that don't work for Bowser. When he catches one, he goes it down starting with its head! Chomp!"

"Why did you have to tell me that?" the Koopatrol asked scared, "Now I can't walk to the bathroom at night. I'll even have nightmares about this, I know it!"