The Dry in Dry Dry Desert

After scaling Mt. Rugged and besting Buzzar, Luigi let out a sneeze. A grain of sand tickled his nose. They have now arrived at the Dry Dry Desert, now all they needed to do was find the Dry Dry Ruins. Just up ahead, they saw some Koopas in a tent and Kooper quickly recognized one of them, Professor Kolorado.

"Professor Kolorado? Is that you?" Kooper said excitedly

"Why hello there, Kooper my boy," he greeted, "How goes the travels, eh?"

"Doing great. I'm actually on an adventure with Mario and Luigi!"

"I can see indeed," Kolorado walked over and shook the bros' hands, "Pleased to meet you, Mario and Luigi. I am Professor Charleston Kolorado. Being an archeologist, I travel the world."

"Cool," said Mario.

"What're you doing out here?" Luigi wondered.

"At the very moment, I'm turning Dry Dry Desert upside down to find the Dry Dry Ruins," Kolorado explained, "My assistants have attempted to gather information in Dry Dry Outpost, near here. But sadly, as of yet, we're having little success. All I need is a clue and we'll be golden!"

"What coincidence, Professor," said Kooper, "We're also trying to find the Dry Dry Ruins too! maybe we can help each other."

"That would be swell!" he exclaimed, "I shall wait here for your return!"

"Before that, I have a letter for you," Parakarry said as he handed him a letter.

"Ah, it appears it's from my wife. Thank you ever so, lad."

Along the way, Bandits and Pokeys were running around the desert. Some bandits tried to steal any coins or items Mario and Co. had, but they all failed to do so. But the Pokeys were different than before. They threw their body parts at the heroes, but Mario and Luigi swung their hammers like baseball bats, sending them back. Kooper and Parakarry used their shells to remove any Pokey parts. 

"Mamma mia," Luigi groaned as he fanned himself with his hand.

"I feel you, Luigi," said Goombario, "I might soon turn into charcoal if I don't get something to drink soon!

The others groaned in agreement, this heat was starting to wear them out. But they still kept on going. A few minutes later, the hexad spotted some green and to their surprise, it was an oasis. Filled with lush trees and clear water.

"Finally! Make way!" Goombario yelled as he ran to the water and jumped in.

Mario, Luigi, and the others helped themselves to the water, happy to be refreshed. Bombette and Parakarry were observing the two trees and saw one had lemons, while the other had limes. They each took two but weren't sure what to do with them. Mario suggested that they hold on to them until they got to Dry Dry Outpost, that way someone could make lemonade or limeade with them.

*******************************************

End of chapter!