To Shooting Star Summit

Back with Mario and Goombario, they had just arrived at the entrance of Toad Town. Mario smiled, knowing he was back to some roots he was familiar with.

"Feels good to be back in Toad Town!" he said.

"Goombario, have you ever been in Toad Town before?"

"A few times," Goombario replied, "Mostly if Mom has shopping to do."

"Isn't Shooting Star Summit around Peach's castle?"

"It is," said Mario, "But first let's get my bro Luigi, we'll need all the help we can get."

Just as Mario and Goombario walked around town, they saw Toad running up to them in a panic.

"Mario!" he exclaimed with relief, "I'm so glad you're OK!"

"Toad!" said Mario, "Glad you're OK, too."

"The town is in an uproar! With everything that's happened with the very castle uprooted, and Princess Peach kidnapped; It's bedlam!"

"Don't worry," Mario assured, "I'll get Luigi and we'll fix this mess and save Peach."

But before they did anything, they jumped into the pipe leading to Mario and Luigi's house. At their house, Luigi was pacing back and forth worried for his older bro.

"I sure hope Mario is alright," he said to himself.

But then he heard something coming out of the pipe and to his relief, Mario was back in one piece.

"Mario!"

Luigi ran to his bro and they embraced in a hug.

"After all that castle craziness, I thought I lost you," said Luigi trying his best not to cry.

"After that earthquake, I managed to escape but then I realized I should've come back for you and-"

"Luigi," Mario interrupted, "It's alright. Neither of us was expecting this."

"Yeah. The important thing is that we're all alive," Goombario added.

That was when Luigi noticed Goombario was with Mario. 

"Oh, hello," he greeted. "Who are you?"

"I'm Goombario. I'm a huge fan of you and Mario!"

Luigi's smile turned into a frown assuming Mario was ditching him for another companion. But before he could turn around, Mario stopped him.

"Before you jump to any conclusions, I was going to ask you to join us."

"Yeah," Goombario said, "Bowser will be no match for both of you!"

"All righty," said Luigi, "So where to first?"

"First, we gotta head to Shooting Star Summit," Mario stated, "The Star Spirits will explain everything."

Wasting no time, the trio headed for Shooting Star Summit. But as they walked there, Goombario saw where Peach's castle once stood. He was shocked by this sighting, Mario stopped to notice.

"Are you alright, amico?" he asked.

"Amico?" said Goombario confused.

"It's Italian for "buddy"."

"Gotcha. It's just, shocking to see where Peach's castle once was, gone."

"Don't worry," Luigi assured, "We'll get the Star Spirits' help and fix this."

Shortly after passing where the castle once stood, they saw shooting stars falling to the ground as they entered Shooting Star Summit. The trio was in awe at the sighting.