Pepa x GN!Reader

Angst

Requested by: Abnormaltitan244

Pepa sighed as she paced and forth in the main room. She tried ignoring the cloud over her head, she couldn't when Alma was yelling at her to calm down. “We need a sunny day, Pepa! Félix is coming today!”

You walked in, ignoring Alma's shouts and walking over to Pepa. “Pepa? Why so stressed?” She looked at you with a panicked expression. “Félix is proposing today and- what if he doesn't like me or just can't handle it?!-” You expression saddened, “There's no reason to worry, let's go get you dressed.”

You grabbed her hand, from the looks of it your presence seemed to have calmed her down.

Pepa held two yellow dressed up, “The second one.” You answer, she nodded, changing into it. “Do you have to marry him?” Pepa have you a confused look, “Yes, why?” You shook your head, “Nevermind.”

You helped Pepa with her hair, brushing it out before braiding it for her. You took a step back, admiring her. “You look amazing..” You said, in awe. “Thank you, come on we need to set the table.” You nodded following her downstairs.

Everyone was seated at the table, Bruno, Julieta, Abeula, Pepa and of course, Félix.

You sat quietly, trying not to let anything slip out. You grew up with the madrigal's, you were invited to everything. You shared a bed with Pepa, you basically lived here.

As dinner came to an end Felix stood up, getting on one knee. Your eyes grew wide, feeling with panic.

Pepa smiled nervously as Félix gave his loving speech, promising himself to Pepa. You remained silent, you hated this.

“Will you marry me?” He asked. Pepa stayed quiet for a moment, before giving an enthusiastic ‘Yes!’, a rainbow over her head.

Pepa sat on the end of her bed, beginning to plan her wedding. “So, Y/N- Aren't you just so excited!” Pepa said happily. “Yep.. couldn't be happier for you.” “What's wrong?” Pepa asked, looking over towards you.

You froze, “Nothing! Nothing, just y'know weddings are a lot of planning and for a wedding that's happening so soon that's a lot to take in-” You said quickly.

“Also, I need to find a house-” Pepa sighed, “I'm gonna miss having you here.” She stood up, hugging you. You hugged her back tightly, enjoying that you had her all to yourself currently.

As Pepa and Félix planned their wedding, you stayed in her room, packing your things. Julieta walked in, shutting the door behind her.

“Are you going to tell her?” Julieta asked. “Tell her what?” You said, pretending not to know what she was asking about. “That you love her.” She said, placing a hand on your shoulder.

You put a few of your books into a box, “I love her as a friend.” You replied, your voice shaking a bit. “Friends don't look at each other like that.” Julieta said, giving you a frown.

She took a step back, “Don't wait until it's too late Y/N.” She walked out, leaving you alone with your scattered belongings.

You pinched the bridge of your nose, not sure on what to do or how to handle the situation.

After a long thinking session, you decided on confessing. But when?

It wasn't even two weeks later and it was the wedding day.

You helped Pepa put on her wedding dress, yet she wouldn't let you see it fully until it was all the way on.

You took a couple steps back, having a full view of the back of the dress. “Okay, I'm reading.” She turned around, you covered your mouth, jaw dropped. She was stunning, ethereal even.

“Do you not like it?” Pepa asked concerned. “I'm in love with you.” You blurted out. “What?” She said, shocked. The two of you just stood there, until Abuela walked in. “It's time.” She nodded.

“Bruno-” Pepa said panicked, Bruno looked up, “Looks like rain.” He mumbled. Pepa sighed, trying to calm down.

As the two stood at the alter, Pepa couldn't keep her calm. The clear sunny skies that were previously beaming turned into a grey cloudy sky and a hurricane.

“Do you take Pepa Madrigal to be your wife for the better or for the worst?” The priest yelled, the hurricane making it hard to hear. “I do!” Felix yelled. “And do you, Pepa, take Felix as your husband?” Pepa looked at you with a worried expression before looking back at Felix, “I do.”

It had been awhile since seeing Pepa and Félix, you hadn't dated to step foot into the Casita since confessing. If you had to guess you'd say it'd been a couple of months.

You walked into in, holding you breath. “Pepa?” You called out, she peeked out from the kitchen. “Did you mean it?” Pepa asked quietly. You nodded, not having the confidence to say it outloud.

You took her hands in yours, “I've always loved you, I always will.” You started tearing up, your voice shaking, a sour taste emerging in your mouth.

“I may not be your person, but you are mine and there's nothing I can do to change that.” You cupped Pepa's cheek, impulse taking over. You kissed her, pulling away as soon as your lips touched hers.

“Y/N, I'm pregnant.” Pepa said, still in shock. She looked down at the ground, taking a step back. “I think it's best you leave now.”

You wiped your tears, “Right..” You muttered, trying not to breakdown. “I'll see you around then, I'm sorry.” You said, turning your back to her.

“No, don't come back.” Your eyes widened, tears falling quicker than before. “Then I wish you well.” You said, walking out of the door.