Mirabel x Fem!Reader

Fluff with a touch of Angst

A/N: I've only watched the movie three times , everything may not seem in character.

You rushed towards Casita, it was almost nine. You'd been helping Camilo around, tagging along wherever he went. You had noticed Mirabel eyeing you a bit, you did your best to pay very little attention to it but it was hard. Her noticing you was all you wanted, and now it was happening.

"Hola Casita." You waved, you were let in and ran up the stairs, or at least half of the stairs. You fell, Casita did her best to protect you but you ended up with some scrapes and bruises. "Ouch!" You sighed, "Thank you for doing the best you could Casita, it's not your fault." "Hello?" You knew that voice, "Mirabel?" "There you are- Are you okay?" She stumbled to you, almost slipping herself. "I'll go grab something from the kitchen, don't move."

She handed you an adepa con queso, you ate it, grateful. Mirabel helped you up, for a moment your eyes met, but you quickly looked away. "Why are you here so early?" "Camilo and I are hanging out." You answered, taking a step back. "Y/N!"

Camilo shouted, just on time. "There you are!" Camilo slid down the stairs, "I see Mirabel has been keeping you company." He wrapped arm arm around you, "Let's go then!" You wave to Mirabel, you figured you could talk later.

"Why don't you just tell her? Y'know.. like a normal person would. I have an idea, practice on me!" "Definitely not."

You shoved him to the side, but by the time you had done that he had already shapeshifted. "Camilo!" You grunted, your face heating up. "Go on." He insisted, you sighed, giving in.

You held onto your shirt, squeezing it for extra comfort. "I really like you and I know we don't talk much but when we do it's really nice- I mean you're really nice- everything about you is nice. And your family is so lucky to have somebody like you- even if they don't see it sometimes- and you shine just as bring as them-" You paused when you realized Camilo was holding back a laugh. Death glaring at him, you walk off. "You're no help Camilo!"

You bump into somebody on the way back, "Julieta! Hi-" "Where's Camilo dear?" "He was up by the tree last time I saw him." "If you aren't busy would you mind helping Mirabel set up decorations for Antonio's party?" "Of course."

You made your way back to the Casita, spotting Mirabel at the entrance. "The not special- special!" It seemed to sadden Mirabel but she brushed it off. "Let me help you carry that." She was surprised but let you grab a side of the crate to carry.

The two of you placed it down and started placing things onto the counter, which Casita would place in the correct place. "I think that you're amazing." You stated as you hung up a few paper decorations. Mirabel froze, "You think so?" "Yeah, I do."

You turned towards her and gave her a grin. She smiled back at you brightly before walking out of the kitchen to hang more decorations.

Mirabel was walking up the stairs with Antonio, she felt sick, as if she would pass out. She was relieved when he got his gift, Mirabel was happy for him. She didn't want to ruin his night so she walked off back to the dance floor whilst everyone else stayed in Antonio's, simply partying.

"Mirabel, why so blue?" You asked, taking her hand in yours, she slightly smiled at you. "I'm okay, go on, go have fun." "I'm having fun here with you, I think I'll stay. So tell me, what is it that's bothering you?" "I just- I don't know why I didn't get a gift, I'm glad Antonio got his but why not me? Why am I the only one-" Mirabel looked over to see the floor cracking.

The two of you looked at each other before she ran over to check it out, she ended up cutting her hand whilst you ran to grab Alma. "See it!-" You froze, the crack disappeared. "I don't know what happened Y/N, they were there-" Alma was more focused on convincing everybody that the magic was fine.

"The magic is strong and so are the drinks!" Everyone laughed as the party started again. "Mirabel, come on, let's go to your room. Get a clear mindset.. I grabbed one of your mother's adepa con quesos for your hand." Mirabel just nodded as they made their way to it.

"I saw it! You saw it! Why don't they believe us-" Mirabel was frustrated, so frustrated that she started crying. "Shit- I'm sorry." She apologized. You pulled her into a hug, kissing her forehead.

"Está bien, querida ".
"It's okay, my dear."

Mirabel held you tightly, finding comfort in the embrace. Eventually she calmed down, she took a step back, "Thank you Y/N/N." "Anytime."

After some time Mirabel ended up hiding you in her closet when Alma came to yell at her. "I get that it's hard not having a gift! But are you trying to worry everyone?! Lying about such a thing! You just want to ruin Antonio's night!" Alma slammed the door before Mirabel could get a single word in. Mirabel got into her bed, sobbing.

You peeked out, then walked towards her. "Can I?" She nodded. You slid in bed, pulling her close as she turned towards you. "It's okay, I'm here." She hide her face in the crook of your neck as you played with her hair.

"I think the reason you have no gift is because you are the gift, you do a lot for your family Mirabel. You are the gift."

Mirabel looked at you weakly, her eyes puffy. "You aren't just saying this to make me feel better?" "No, I'm not. You are the gift." Mirabel pulled you in closer, wrapping her arms around you neck before kissing you. You kissed back before she pulled away, "Thank you." "It's going to be okay, I promise."