Chapter 19

Isabella's POV

No one has yet to notice my presence and continue talking in their conversation. I clear my throat which makes all eyes go to me. My eyes immediately catch Sophia's and it's like a battle of who will look away first. Why is she even here?

"Sweetie I didn't know you were visiting, I would have came home early." My grandfather says giving me a hug.

"I know how much you enjoy football, plus I needed practice on my basketball skills anyways." I say smiling.

"Can I borrow Sophia really quick?" I ask grabbing her hand. I don't know why I'm asking in the first place, I don't need to. I don't wait for their permission and basically drag her all the way upstairs to my room. I shut the door and turn to her. "I'm so confused why are you here?" I say with an attitude.

"I-I came to make things right." She says looking in my eyes.

"Yeah well it seems you already made things right when you basically broke up with me." I laugh.

"Please just let me explain! You have to understand I'm your teacher Isabella. You know how hard this whole situation has been for me since the beginning. I got feelings for my student, you! That made me feel like I was the most shittiest person on the planet! Not to mention you weren't even 18 yet. I know we didn't do anything sexual but it's still hard to wrap my head around it." She says explaining while inching closer and closer to me.

"Isabella, I could go to jail you understand that right?" She asks as her voice breaks.

I take her hand and walk us to the bed and sit down. "I-I know that... I'm sorry if I pushed too hard for this relationship." I take a deep breath, "I understand if I'm not special enough for the risk—" Sophia kisses me before I can process what's happening.

I kiss her back for only a second then pull back. "No. I'm sorry but you're the one that stopped whatever this was." I say gesturing between us. "If you're not sure about me, I can't be brought along till you are." I say about to leave.

Sophia grabs my arm and pulls me into her making me stand between her legs. Her green eyes are now looking up at me as my own stare down into hers. "I want you." She says.

"You've said that before." I say looking away from her.

"Isabella, I mean it. I'll switch school's, I'll—"

"You'd do that... just to be with me?" I ask as my heart grows warm.

"Of course I would... I wanna make this work." She says running her hands up and down my sides. "Why do you think I flew all the way here?" She asks.

"Were you the one who called my grandma?" I ask thinking about what happened hours before.

She looks at her lap then back at me and nods. I kiss her again. "This is your last chance Sophia." I say pulling back. "I've been through too much."

"I promise, you won't regret it." She says then pushes me away a little. "You're sweaty you should really take a shower." She says with a smile. I roll my eyes and go to the bathroom while Sophia goes downstairs. After I get out of the shower I put a pair of Nike compression shorts on and a T shirt. Since its almost dark out I don't bother putting a bra on knowing I'll be going to bed soon. I brush my hair then throw it in a bun so my hair will have a wave to it tomorrow.

I walk down stairs and see my grandma and Sophia talking on the couch. I don't see my grandpa so I assume he went to bed early as usual. Grandma is sitting at the end by the arm chair so I sit beside Sophia. Sophia has a blanket on her and she fluffs it out so it goes over both of us. I scoot a little closer trying not to seem too suspicious.

"So love birds, which one of you confessed first?" I hear my grandma ask. I look around Sophia and see her staring at both of us with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused as I'm basically over top of Sophia.

"Don't play dumb Isabella, you heard me." She says with an Italian accent.

Sophia and I share a look and she nods slightly.

"Nonna, Sophia and I really weren't romantically involved with each other last time we were here. But yes, we're... seeing each other now. And that's all you need to know!" I say turning back to the tv.

"But when—"

I put my hand to her, "Basta domande!" (No more questions!)

A couple minutes later I began to feel tired and lay my head in Sophia's lap with my legs dangling over the arm the chair. I look up and admire her as she watches whatever television show is on. She looks down at me and scrunches her nose. She looks over toward my grandma then leans down and pecks my lips making me smile. The next thing I feel before drifting off is Sophia's hand laying over my stomach and the other playing with my hair.