Chapter 4

Isabella's POV

I tiredly sit up and stop my alarm as I've hit snooze for the past ten minutes. I walk to my mirror and French braid my hair to the side over my shoulder. I put on black jeans with holes then a white off the shoulder sweater that shows my bra strap. I put on a cute pair of short boots then did my makeup as usual. I already took my shower last night because I was sweaty so I just put deodorant on and my signature perfume, Strawberry Poundcake.

When I got home yesterday the boys were already asleep and John and Lucy were waiting for me to get home. I told them about tryouts and they congratulated me and said they would come to some of my games. John was actually really excited because he loves sports and he said, "It'll be even better because you're my daughter." Like slow down there buddy, I'm still not over what you did so many years ago.

I put my book bag over my shoulder and went down all the stairs and into the kitchen. Mia isn't down here today, maybe she's still in her room. I cook myself some eggs and toast. I try to eat healthy meals most of the time because I care about what goes in my body. I'm not like a health freak but I do want to stay in shape. I drink some orange juice then grab my keys heading to school.

When I arrive I walk into school to my locker. I see Carter from the corner of my eye walking to me. "Dude I'm sorry, we ended up talking longer than I expected and I didn't have a way of telling you." I say once he's in front of me.

"Woah, calm down there dude, I'm not mad at all, I understand." He says then takes out his phone and hands it to me. "Put your number in so if this ever happens again we can communicate."

I put my number in and hand it back. "So what song are you going to use to audition?" He asks.

Oh yeah! I have to audition today. Good thing I already knew what song I'd be singing. "You'll see." I smirk as we start walking to theatre class. We passed Ms. Miller's room and I tried not to look in there but my eyes had a mind of their own and immediately looked in there. From the second I could see, she was at her board writing stuff down.

We finally got to class which is only about three or four doors down from English. We waited for class to start then finally Mrs. Brown asked me to stand up and go on the little stage that's in her room. She has basically an Auditorium as a room but smaller so she has a stage. I already told her  what song at the beginning of class so when I hear it start playing I grab the microphone out of it's stand and start singing.

Straight hair, straight A's, straightforward,
Straight path, I don't cut corners
I make a point to be on time
Head out the the student council
I don't black out at parties
I jam to Paul McCartney
If you ask me how I'm doing, I'll say
Well, hmm...

I walk around the stage as I sing and get into it.

I was adopted when I was two
My parents spoiled me rotten
Often I ask myself, what did I do
To get as far as I've gotten?
A pretty girl walks by my locker
My heart gives a flutter, but I don't dare utter a word
'Cause that would be absurd behavior for Little Miss Perfect

I look over to the door to see a brunette that I recognize as Ms. Miller leaning against the door frame watching me. I pretend not to notice her and ignore her because I can't mess this up. So I continue walking around the stage using my body language in it.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
No, I can't risk falling off my throne
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
Love is something I don't even know

Straight hair, straight A's, straightforward, straight girl
Little Miss Perfect, that's me

One night, my friend stayed over
We laughed, and drink and ordered
Something about her drew me in
What? It's totally platonic
That night was so exciting
Her smirks were so enticing
Hours speed by like seconds
Then, what happens is iconic