Chapter 13

Isabella's POV

Today I'm wearing ripped jeans, a white, loose crop top, and a red flannel with black and white converse. I put a beanie on and do my makeup. For some reason I'm dressing to impress today. Even though I'm not interested in whoever this girl is, I still want to make her interested.

Carter stayed last night and he's wearing sweatpants and a football sweatshirt.

When we get in school we both walk to theatre class. Mrs. Brown assigned us to sing a song that expresses our feelings for either a friend, romantic feelings or anything in between.

The bell rings so we pack our things and head to our next class. "Can I have a piggy back ride?" I ask Carter as we walk out.

I give a pout and he crouched down and I jumped on. "Yayy!" I say holding around his neck.

"You're light." He says throwing me up a little.

I squeal and he walks us to Sophia's class. I spot Sophia standing outside of her door greeting students as she does everyday. I love how she genuinely cares about her students and loves her job. Most teachers here are grumpy and hate us.

"Morning guys." Sophia says to us.

"Good morning S— Ms. Miller." I quickly catch myself earning a stare from her.

As we're about to go in her room a girl walks up in front of us making Carter stop from going in the room. "Hey Carter. Hi Isabella." She says to us but twirls her hair while smirking when she looks at me.

"Isabella, this is Brooke." He says introducing us. I get off of his back and go to shake her hand. "You're really pretty and I can't wait to see you tonight." She says while shaking my hand then winks walking away.

Carter gives me a look that says you're definitely having sex with her tonight. As we walk through the door, Sophia doesn't have her happy face anymore, she looks sad instead. "Are you okay?" I ask whispering as we walk through.

She waves me off and walks inside. Carter and I sit in our seats and start the assignment that's on the board. "Does Ms. Miller look mean today to you?" Carter whispers. I look up to see Sophia with an emotionless face. She's typing at her keyboard with absolutely no emotion. It's like she can feel my eyes on her because her eyes make direct eye contact with mine. Her face still doesn't change, usually she'll smile at me or something but nothing. I sigh and break our eye contact doing the rest of my work.

When the bell rings I wait for everyone to leave then walk up to Sophia's desk. "What is wrong? And don't lie to me." I say as she takes out her lunch.

"It's... personal." She says without making eye contact.

"Okay, do you not trust me? You just took a whole weekend trip to my grandparents with me yet you won't tell me what's wrong. I thought we were getting somewhere—" I begin getting agitated by the minute.

"Will you lower you voice?" She hisses. "Just go." She says finally looking at me.

"But—"

"Go." She says with venom in her voice. I sigh and leave going to lunch. I grab a tray with food and sit within Carter. Alexis is still sick so it's just us.

"So anyone special that you're going to sing about for our assignment?" He asks talking about theatre.

"Yeah... I don't know if I want to sing Mind Over Matter (Reprise) by Young the Giant or Kiss You by One Direction. They both perfectly sum up how I'm feeling about this person." I say debating on if I should elaborate.