Chapter 14

Isabella's POV

"Woah... that's a very revealing dress." Sophia says as we get inside and she finally sees me. "You know where the bathroom is. How about you take a shower and change your clothes? Just grab something from my dresser because you reek of alcohol and weed. While you do that I'll go down the road and bring your car here."

I nod and hand her my keys and go upstairs to take a shower. When I'm done I wrap myself in a towel and go to her room and go through her dresser for a pair of shorts and shirt. I put on black Nike shorts and a loose T-shirt. I walk downstairs and see Sophia in her kitchen making something. I sit on the island counter watching her. "Why were you so mad earlier?" I ask scaring her.

"In the car?" She asks raising her eyebrow in a confused way.

"No at school." I say jumping off the counter to look at what she's making.

She stares at me, "I... realized something. Something I wish I didn't." She says and a looks down.

"Which is?" I ask jumping back on the counter. "What did you realize?"

"My feelings toward someone..." She says walking towards me.

My heart feels like it's been squeezed. That man we saw today with her is so lucky and doesn't even know it. "It's that man at lunch today isn't it? The one that was all up on you—"

She kisses me. I didn't move at first from being in shock but I quickly kiss her back. She maneuvers herself between my legs and mine go around her. My arm goes to the back of her neck as my other touches her jawline. This is what I've been waiting for. I feel fireworks, they're going off in my stomach and surrounding my whole body. All the waiting I've done for this moment is so worth it. I smile and pull away due to my need for air but Sophia pulls me back in. Her hands go to my waist and she squeezes me making a small moan part my mouth.

Sophia pulls away and a shocked look comes across her face. "I shouldn't have done that." She says covering her mouth with her hand. "Y-you can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch." She says already walking up the stairs probably to change her clothes.

I put the food she was making in a container in the fridge because I really don't have an appetite. I know damn well I'm not making her sleep on the couch so I go and lay on the couch and wait for her. I'm not going to bed tonight without answers. She finally kissed me and it's what I've dreamed about for weeks now but then she runs away.

"What are you doing? Go to bed." She says as she sees me. She's wearing plaid pajama pants, a shirt and her makeup is off now, god she's so beautiful.

"I'm not letting you sleep on this couch. If you want to that bad you're gonna have to move me." I say crossing my arms.

She rolls her eyes and actually tries to move me. "Wait stop, that tickles!" I scrunch up sitting up now. She falls beside me and our faces are inches apart and we just stare at each other. I look from her eyes to her lips, it's like a magnetic pull. No matter how much I want to stay away from her I can't. "Kiss me." I whisper. "Please."

She softly and slowly placed her lips on mine. This time we just really fully enjoy this moment. We don't rush it. "What are you feeling?" I ask pulling away in a low voice.

"The need to kiss you again." She says smashing her lips on mine again.

"I need answers. It's unfair, I like you so much but you're not giving me answers." I pull away.

She sighs and stands up pacing. "I-I this is hard for me Isabella. I'm your teacher for gods sake! Not only that I'm also older than y—"

"How old are you?" I cut her off. No matter how old she is I really don't think I would care at this point.

"26, but that's beside the point. The point is I'll come off as a predator! This is so wrong how could I do this?" She says starting to break down.

I stand up and forcefully take her in my arms. "No! No! Get off!" She says crying trying to get out of my arms.

"I'm not letting you go." I say. She finally stops fighting me and breaks down in my arms. "I hate myself for this." She says.

We stay like this for about five minutes. I rub her back and hair to calm her down. "What about that man today? Who's he?" I ask hiding my jealousy.

"He's apparently a new teacher at the school. I just met him today." She says pulling away from our hug.

"Can we go to bed now? I'm tired." I say rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah but I'm still sleeping here—" She begins.

"Nope." I cut her off dragging her up to her room. I jump in and look at her with expecting eyes. She rolls her eyes while smiling and gets in next to me. "Wanna know a secret?" I ask rolling over facing her.

She nods, "I felt a connection with you the very first day we met. I just chose to ignore it because you're my teacher and I would never want you to get in trouble because of me... Sophia what are we gonna do?" I ask.

"If I'm being honest, I felt a connection too. First it was just an attraction. I knew it was wrong and I was so mad at myself. I was mad at you first but then realized it's not your fault. Then the more we talked the more my feelings developed. Especially when you ignored me those three weeks because of what I said. I was so sad yet I knew I shouldn't have been. You know I remember the day we first made eye contact. I remember getting goosebumps and I immediately wanted to know more about you—"

I cut her off by kissing her. It just felt right...

"When do you turn 18?" She asks me laying on my chest now.

"In December." I say.

"That's only a month away... If you're serious about this then we should stay on the low until then. We need to stay on the low in general because you're still my s-student." She says.

"Look at me." I say softly. She turns around in my arms so she's laying on me.

"I know you're still hooked on the fact that I'm your student but... when it's just us can you forget about that? I don't want you to worry about that every time. I don't see you as my teacher if we're being honest. The first day we met and we were having such a good conversation, I thought about you more as a friend then teacher... I know you're not a pedophile okay? I can see how much it hurts you to like me. We'll get through all this together because I'm serious about this Sophia." I say staring deeply in her eyes.

She kisses me and snuggles closer to me with her head in the crook of my neck. "Thank you." She breathes out.

"Of course." I whisper closing my eyes hoping this won't end.