Chapter 17

Isabella's POV

I throw on my uniform one last time. Tonight is my last game of the season also known as the championship then tryouts for basketball starts in two weeks. I put on waterproof mascara so I don't sweat it off. I tuck in my jersey and grab my phone walking downstairs. As I'm filling my water bottle with ice John walks around the corner. "Just the person I need to see!" He says with a smile.

This is the first time John has smiled at me since I broke the news, what could he possibly be so happy about?

"Honey, you're definitely confused. Being... that way is a sin! So as your father, I've arranged a dinner with one of my coworkers and his son." He says patting my back.

"John." I say through gritted teeth. "I am very much not confused and I know who I am. This dinner will do absolutely nothing! If anything he'll make me realize how much more gayer I am!" I say trying to stay calm.

"That's enough from you young lady! You live in my house you will do as I say." He says in front of me now. "Tomorrow you better be wearing a cute little dress for him and be presentable." He says walking away.

What the fuck just happened? This type of shit happens in history books. I am 18 and my plan was to move back to Wisconsin once I turn 18 but then Sophia happened and I can't leave her yet.

I groan and grab my keys getting in my car driving off to my game.

"Batter up!" The umpire says to the other team. The girl gets up to bat and doesn't swing for all three strikes. Boringgg. The next girl hits the first ball and makes it to first. Eventually I'm up to bat and it's 4-2, they're winning. There's runners on all bases with two outs. I think about today and my arranged dinner and everything John said to me. My blood starts to boil and I swear if this girl doesn't throw a strike. Two balls go by and finally she throws the perfect pitch that hits my bat and soars over center field fence. I hear the crowd yelling and I make it to home plate in seconds. I look to the crowd and spot Sophia, she winks at me.

We end up winning by 4 points, when we won Alexis ran over to me and spun me around. "We won!" She yells.

I know I should be happy and believe me I am but I still have to tell Sophia what happened this morning. Not only that, John just made me in a shitty mood in general. Alexis goes over to her parents and I make my way to my car and text Sophia to meet me in it.

I hear a knock on the window and unlock my car and Sophia gets in. "You were amazing Iz." She says as soon as she gets in. Sophia has been calling me Iz lately and I'm kinda in love with it. No one has ever called me it before so it's special.

"Sophia, we have a problem." I say clenching my jaw looking out the window. "John is arranging me to date someone and I have to have dinner with them tomorrow. He yelled at me about how wrong it is for me to be gay then told me I follow his rules because I live under his roof. He even told me to wear a dress for this guy tomorrow."

Sophia just stares at me with a blank expression. "Maybe this is a way of the universe telling us we shouldn't be together."

"What? Y-you're kidding me right? You literally brought me to a whole other town for my birthday and now you think we shouldn't see each other?" I ask getting upset.

"Isabella, I put my job, my life at risk for you! Does that mean nothing to you?" She says slightly loud the looks around for anyone that could be listening.

"You need to make up your mind! You want me one minute then you don't the next. It's exhausting! Just go!" I say.

"But—"

"Go." I say with a stern voice not looking at her. She gets out and I hit the gas pedal immediately. When I get home I go up stairs and get changed into workout clothes and go to the gym by Mia's room. I put AirPods in and start lifting weights. After about two hours I get tired and take a shower going to bed. I needed her and now I have to go through tomorrow alone...

The next time I wake up it's thanks to my alarm. I have to face her. I get out of bed in a bad mood but I want to make her realize what she's missing. I know just the thing to make her mad. I go to my closet and put on a black and white plaid skirt that goes almost to my belly button and is very short. I put on a white v neck long sleeve that shows my cleavage and my stomach. I bring a leather jacket just in case I get dress coded. I slide my doc martens on and do my hair and makeup.

"Perfect." I say looking at myself in the mirror.

I grab my phone and bag and head downstairs. There's no point in sitting around doing nothing and I don't eat breakfast that much so I get in my car and go to school. Alexis is coming with me after school to go dress shopping, Carter would but he said he has plans.

When I arrive I grab my bag and throw it over my shoulder. I put my confident smile on and walk inside. Connor sees me and comes up to me. "Since our concert is coming up we don't have class today." He says talking about theatre. "So guess where we're spending first period." He says along towards Ms. Miller's room.

Please go past her room. Please go past her room.

"Hey Ms. Miller! Can we spend first in here?" He asks.

She doesn't even look up and says, "Yes."

"That's not a good idea." I mumble to him. We sit by her desk against the wall. We sit and talk until class starts. Ms. Miller surprisingly just puts on a movie for them on the projector. Everyone turns their desk away from us and towards the movie on the wall.

"Listen, I'm gonna say something and you can't get mad... I'm thinking about moving back to Wisconsin." I whisper.

"What?" He whisper yells which probably got the attention of students.

"I was supposed to move back when I turned 18. You know how my dad is anyways. It's not worth it anymore." I say.

"We will talk about this in a minute, I'm about to piss myself." He says standing up before asking Ms. Miller.

I hear hear a "psst." From beside me and see Sophia crouched down by her desk to get my attention.

I roll my eyes and crawl to her. I see her eyes travel down to my cleavage. "What do you want?" I whisper harshly.

"Is it true?" She asks referring to Carter and I's conversation.

"I guess. There's no point in staying anymore. You were my only reason." I say hurt and crawl back to where I was. A few minutes later Carter comes back and we continue our conversation. Eventually the bell rings so we go back to our original seats and wait for class to start. I watch Sophia as she types on her laptop. She has a little wrinkle between her eyebrows from where they're furrowed together. She looks up from her laptop and our eyes meet. I quickly look away.

Once everyone arrives Sophia puts on a movie as she did for last class. Half way through the movie I ask to go to the bathroom. I didn't actually need to I just needed to get out of the room for awhile. The bathroom door opens and none other than Ms. Miller walks in. "You're skipping class?" She asks raising an eyebrow coming closer.

"I was about to leave." I mumble not breaking eye contact. She walks us all the way to the other side as my back hits the tile. My breath hitches from the contact. How does she manage to do this? It's like I lose all my self control when she's around.

"You really expect me to keep my hands to myself when you show up looking like this? Do you know how many times I had to watch guys and girls watch as you walk by. Every single one of the boy's head gawked at you as you walked out." She basically growls.

Before I can answer her lips are on mine. She takes my hands and pins them above my head. She deepens the kiss quickly and uses one hand to move up and down my waist. She sucks on my tongue making me arch into her. I quickly come to my senses, "Fuck you." I say and leave the bathroom.