Chapter 11

Isabella's POV

"Stay in the car, I don't want neither one of you to hear this." I say getting out of the car.

I hear the windows go down and roll my eyes at my grandma. "What are you doing here?" I ask in a harsh tone standing a couple feet away from my ex girlfriend.

"I heard you were in town." She shrugs stepping closer to me. "I miss you, why didn't you tell me you were leaving? You just broke up with me and left. Without a goodbye." She says.

"I needed to start fresh." I say simply. "Don't act like you loved me, you're probably with one of the many guys you cheated on me with." I say crossing my arms.

"That's not true." She says going in to touch my shoulder.

"Don't fucking touch me." I say pulling back. "You're so fucking toxic and I'm so glad you're not in my life anymore. I was miserable in our relationship. Everyday I had to hear from someone else that you were hooking up with a football player in the janitors closet. Or that you were making out with some girl under the bleachers. Or that you were fucking some guy in my own fucking car in between classes!"

She looks at me and doesn't say anything. "You know all the things you did and that isn't even half of it. So if you think you can just waltz back into my life and try to get me back, it won't work." I say as we're face to face now.

"Fuck you." She says gripping my wrist tightly about to go on.

I take her hand off my wrist and squeeze it harder, "Oh wow look who's about to abuse me again as if they didn't throughout our whole fucking relationship." I say with my arms letting her arm go. "I'm not that girl anymore. You don't get to push me over anymore because this is the last time I want to see you. I don't ever want to see you again." I say flipping her off as she gets in her car and speeds off.

I'm surprised she left without a fight. Knowing her, this won't be the last time I see her. She always gets what she wants one way or another.

I take a deep breath and look at the sky for a second then look over to grandma's car and see both her and Sophia standing by their doors watching me. "I'm fine." I say then walk inside.

As much as I didn't want to have a whole argument in the parking lot, it needed to happen. I needed closure.

I sit on the couch as they come through the door and sit with me. Sophia sits beside me and grandma sits in the love seat. Silence.

It gets awkward so I turn the tv on and flip through the channels. "Honey I didn't know... she abused you." My grandma finally says.

"There's a lot you don't know. You only know what I chose to tell you." I say not looking at her.

I feel so weak and I don't want to cry. I'm a sensitive person which is something I actually hate about myself because it means I'm really emotional. But just thinking about all the things I went through, all the bruises, scars, it's a lot. I finally break down and both of their eyes shoot to me.

Sophia instantly takes me in her arms comforting me while grandma comes in front of me. "You don't know half the things she did." I say hyperventilating. "S-she's obviously hit me before, multiple times actually. She tied me up and left me naked on her bed while she left and I was there for hours. She's threw objects at me. She even fucking carved into my skin with a knife." I say pulling my sweatshirt down a little showing them the long scar on my collarbone.

My grandma gasps and Sophia says "I saw that when you didn't have a shirt on but I didn't want to upset you by asking about it." She says as I get my sweatshirt back on and I fall in her arms again. "She's psycho." I say.

My grandma hugs me and tells me how strong I am. It doesn't feel like that. She goes in the kitchen and starts making dinner and Sophia and I go in my room. I jump face first onto my mattress and lay on my stomach. I feel the bed dip and know Sophia is sitting by me. She rubs my back and I smile. It's like she knows that her presence can make me feel better.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks.

"I wouldn't even know where to start." I laugh turning on my back which makes her hand land right on my stomach. She blushes once she realizes and quickly takes it back. "No leave it." I say taking it back and putting it on my stomach.

"We started dating in the middle of junior year and at first it was great. I was in love ya know? She was my first love and always will be no matter how much I want to forget. She needs help though. The things she did to me is indescribable and literally makes me sick to think about it but she really needs help. By a couple months into our relationship we started arguing and those arguments turned into physical ones. Not me of course, I'd never do that but she on the other hand gladly did and started doing it more often. I forgave her every time because she made me think I deserved it. I heard she was cheating on me multiple times but never believed anyone until I had proof of photos. She ruined love for me... I'm scared to ever try that again. I'm scared of falling for y- someone ever again." I say almost slipping up by saying you.

"I'm scared that if I get too clingy like I did they'll get annoyed and it'll only remind me of her and what she did when I would get clingy or when I would talk about something that I really loved and she'd tell me to shut up..." I say spilling everything out. I look up to Sophia and she has tears her in her eyes, I catch one as it falls.

"Why are you crying?" I ask rubbing her cheeks. "Because you're so strong Isabella, so strong. You're only 17 and you've went through that much... it's unbelievable. Not only did you lose your mom, you were in such a abusive and toxic relationship. I admire you so much." She says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I feel so protective of you."

We pull apart as we hear a knock on the door, "Dinner's ready." She says. We walk down stairs and eat. We didn't really talk all that much, I think it was a lot for everyone to handle. To be honest I just want to lay in bed and go to sleep. I didn't eat much because I didn't have much of an appetite anymore. I excuse myself and go up to my room. I put pajamas on which was really just shorts and a tank top and get under the covers. After a while I feel the other side of the bed dip. "Can you hold me?" I ask with such a weak voice that it doesn't even sound like me.

I hear Sophia sigh with a shaky breath and whisper, "of course." Her body fits behind me perfectly as she spoons me and her arms go tightly around my body.

"Thank you." I whisper and rub my hand over top of hers.

"Anything for you."